Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, what do ya think about selling old tree stands? I was just thinking of the liability issue or if theres any. They are relatively good shape but I was just thinking about what may happen if something fails like a cable or chain break, platform gives way, I figure its a done deal but could I be held accountable for the buyers injuries and how long after the sell LOL. What do ya's think about this or is it even an issue? Noc-Buster

·
74,535 Posts
I highly doubt it. Worried have them sign a as is contract and you take no responsabilty.
DB

·
Registered
15,280 Posts
In today's world? Probably.
I know as a shop owner there's no way I'd ever sell a used stand.
I know I'd get sued if something, anything happened.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I wouldnt have a problem buying one. As long as it appears in good shape. I cant believe that you would be liable for a faulty stand. Especially if some the stands I have recently purchased had me put it together.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
You can never have enough tree stands. Put them on Craigslist, someone will be happy to have them.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
You would also think someone would not sue scent lock cause they can't hunt with out the bells and whistles. . Protect yourself

·
Registered
380 Posts
People today are sue happy. I wouldn't sell a used stand.
I also wouldn't buy a used stand unless I knew the owner and how long it's been left in the woods.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
sell it as is, I buy em in the off season, clean and paint them and resell them just before deer season opens for a profit, sell them as is on CL

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
On a bill of sale, sell the stand titled as "as parts". Not as a whole stand, even though it is all there. That way on paper you didn't sell them something intended for use in a tree.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
private sale, cant see how they would win a case .also if you said it was used not new, courts would not hold up a defect .
next ,you did not make the stand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts