Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all interested,

I wanted to get the word out that I am coaching and doing seminars. I have two seminars scheduled soon, the first will be October 25-26, at Sportsman's Archery (801-562-0093), in Salt Lake City, Utah. And the second will be November 15-16, at Archery Country (512-452-1222), in Austin Texas.

If you or your local archery shop is interested in scheduling a seminar in your area send me an e-mail.

Michael Braden
Hoyt Pro Staff
NAA Level 3
[email protected]

·
Registered
24 Posts
I met Mike a few weeks ago at Lake Placid where he took the NAA level 3 Instructors course. Great guy and very knowlegeable in compound set-up, tuning and shooting. Even though he was a student he assisted the course staff by teaching the class about compound bow technology.

·
Registered
44 Posts
coach

Michael,
Good luck in this aspect of your achery career. If I were closer..... oh well! How long do the seminars last, the price, how many people, what is covered, ect. Also what do you think is your strong suit in coaching (tuning, form, ect.) Best of luck.
Carroll in Mo
teacher

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Carroll,

It's good to hear from you. I'm not sure I could improve upon your anchor, consistent head position, and release. I think you have those nailed down.

My seminars are a full day on Saturday and half a day on Sunday. They run $200 per person, and I like between 10 and 15 students. I feel I have a strong program in Form Mechanics, Shot Execution, Aiming Techniques, mental confidence and Technical knowledge of all bows.

Look forward to seeing you again,

Michael

·
Registered
441 Posts
Good luck to you Micheal.

Please me know if you ever bring your seminar to the northeast.

I took a "seminar" and it did not help me, actually made me worse. After watching you on the Carter Video "Straight Talk with the Pros". I really agree with a lot of your techniques and thoughts of archery. For instance, I used to be a push/puller and had a good deal of success until I was told it was the incorrect motor and was retrained to be a puller.... that brought me down. Now after seeing and listening to what you have to say about archery, I'm back to push/pull and making up a lot of ground. So first, thanks for sharing you thoughts and I look forward to taking your seminar in the future.

Good luck.:)

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Michael would be great to go and see. He took part in the first George and Jimmy show in Vegas and he has a lot of great information that can help you along the way.

Good Luck MichaelB :D

·
Registered
34,165 Posts
Thats great Micheal. I wish you mush sucsess. But now who do I try to set up a seminar with Micheal B. or Dave C.???? I guess it is a great problem to have.:D

·
Registered
745 Posts
the man

I have taken some coaching lessons from Mike several times and let me tell you that the man knows his stuff. He is one of the most professional people I have ever met. The one thing Ireally like about his coaching is the honesty he gives and the love he has for archery. He is not one of those coaches that labels you for having a certain personality and believes that everyone has great potential. I also like the way he didn't try to change everything. There are some coaches out there that believe there is only one way and that is their way. He really takes the time to see what works best for you and goes from there. I'm glad to see that there is a lot more pros out there staring to get into seminars and coaching. I think that it will help our sport grow by making better archers, which is what we need. We lose to many every year because of the burn out of not shooting well.

Good luck Michael and God bless

Crawford

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I wish I could

I to was at Lake Placid with Mike. He is a great coach and has a lot of great ideas. He showed me a lot of differeent things about the way I coach and the way I shoot. He is a true professional and and an all around good guy. If I didn't live on the East coast I be there in a heart beat.

Good luck Mike,and thanks

Dave

P.S. I'm still working on that new shot you showed me.

·
74,535 Posts
Mike Braden

Is a class act pro. One could only gain some great knowledge about the sport of archery from him.

But the Sooners are still going to beat his longhorns this weekend. LOL!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am proud to say that Michael Braden is my coach. When we first started working together he ask me what my goals were in archery. I have paid for my answer of 60x with body and mind pain. All of his suggestions are for the solution of my quest and he is attempting to get my mental game working (good luck!).
Anyone would benefit from the experience of meeting him.

Don

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just another endorsement for Mike. He wouldn't know me from adam, but I thought I'd share this as another testamonial to what kind of guy he is. About 6 years ago I was shooting a practice round at Briar Creek in Ok and Mike and another fellow were there doing the same. Mike was shooting pro then, though pre Hoyt days. He invited me to shoot with them, which I did, especially since I was shooting the same bow and release, I wanted to learn. All through the round Mike gave me friendly advice and pointers and really bolstered my confidence in what I was already doing right. Says a lot about a pro who will take the time to do that while shooting a practice round to work on things, imo. Wish you well with your coaching and seminars Mike.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hey Mike,
Great to here you are coming to Utah. Mike is one of the most straight up, straight forward pros you will ever meet. I bet he does a great seminar so lets support him and learn something at the same time!
How many spaces do you have left in Utah and I will help pound the pavement at the local clubs.
We have fliers up at Datus that is about 4 miles from Sportsmans.
I'm not sure if I can make it, the Coaches Development Comittee is meeting the following weekend in Chula Vista and I am one of them. The chances of being away from the family for two in a row at this time of year are similar to being away for all of them! I'm going to try none the less. Maybe I could ask my wife to come in and serve donuts or something? :D
Either way, best of luck Mike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts