Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was just wondering what you guys are using to help lube up some of your stands with out having a smell that could alert game? Thanks

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
They make a stick for door hinges and latches. Its like a wax stick. It is for interior use. Not much scent.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Better yet a big stick of Bohning String wax. Or xbow rail lube.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
A lot of people take the bolts out and put plastic washers in between anywhere it would be metal to metal...You can cut out your own washers from a milk jug or some kind of thick plastic etc...

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
I carry a small 'squeezable' container of vegtable oil for treestand squeaks. No scent and works like a charm

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
A lot of people take the bolts out and put plastic washers in between anywhere it would be metal to metal...You can cut out your own washers from a milk jug or some kind of thick plastic etc...
Yup run down to your harware store and grab a handful of nylon washers. Put them everywhere there is metal on metal contact

·
Registered
179 Posts
Mineral oil. No scent.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Dead Down Wind I just found out makes a no scent bow oil...
Also check where the stand bites into the tree...I have a stand that I need to reset the teeth bite in just below a knot and it sqeeks terribly...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts