Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine just got new strings installed at a local shop. Install included peep and d-loop. We were shooting the other day and noticed at full draw that the string around the peep seems to have slack in it, to the point that you can see the strands slightly separate.

After the shot, they return to normal of course.

What's causing this?

·
Registered
6,929 Posts
Is the peep rotating at draw?

·
Registered
6,929 Posts
My first guess would be uneven tension on the strands at layout. 90deg of turn would be an incredible amount. Even close to that is too much.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this something that will settle over time with more shooting? Or is this just an inferior string and/or string builder?

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,115 Posts
My first guess would be uneven tension on the strands at layout. 90deg of turn would be an incredible amount. Even close to that is too much.
Either that or one end wasn't tied off correctly and has slipped.

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,115 Posts
Is this something that will settle over time with more shooting? Or is this just an inferior string and/or string builder?
I don't think it will "settle over time". Who built the string?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a local shop... don't want to mention their name just yet because he'd like to speak with them first. They are a Mathews and Hoyt dealer and we both heard good things about their strings and bow techs prior to this.

·
Registered
6,929 Posts
I don't think it will "settle over time". Who built the string?
Agree....Won't settle and he should contact the builder.

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,115 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts