Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What: Field Shoot Fundraiser
When: Sept 7th 9am - 2pm
Where: Bo-Arro Archery Club, Richmond, IL.
Cost: $5 minimum donation per person
Prizes: 3 Places in 5 Different Categories
Who: Josh's Hope Foundation www.joshshope.org

Flyer
http://www.joshshope.org/BoArroFlyer.PDF

All proceeds from this fundraiser will go to help support the following programs:

1). The Great Outdoor Adventure Series - allows special needs kids the opportunity to experience multiple outdoor activities. Kids utilize this event to; explore their interest, gain experience, enjoy outdoor activities, and/or pursue a rewarding sport or hobby.

2). My Outdoor Adventure - allows a special needs child to have a one on one experience with their parent or guardian. Adventures are arranged based on child's desires. An Adventure can be hunting, fishing, camping or any other activity involving the outdoors.

If you can't make it, there are two other ways you can help support Josh's Hope Foundation

1). Raffle - we are also holding a raffle for some great prizes including a 2003 Bowtech Pro40 Dually bow. Tickets are $5 ea, 3 for $10, or 10 for $20, you do NOT need to be present to win.

Tickets
http://www.joshshope.org/field shoot raffle.PDF

2). Sponsors - we are also looking for individuals or companies to sponsor each of the 28 targets. We'll display a sign (provided by us) or banner (provided by you) at one of the targets. Minimum donation $100.

Raffle tickets and sponsors can pay using any of the following methods

Cash, check, or money order payable to:
Josh's Hope Foundation
Attn: Sept 7th Fundraiser
235 Batavia Lane
Hoffman Estates, IL. 60194

Paypal to: [email protected]

Questions or comments to: [email protected] or (847) 885-1226

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jefro

Jefro-

Just make sure to bring the phase inhibitor, I struggled at Chicago Bowhunters until you showed me your secret 1/2 way thru the shoot!!!

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
I just wanted to take a moment to thank Bo-Arro archery club and their members for hosting this shoot. Myself and a few other cheeseheads ventured on down to their fund-raiser field shoot on Sunday. I had a good time and it was for a very worthy cause.

Weather was perfect (okay, maybe a little warmer than my liking, but not bad), beautiful field course just starting to show the onset of autumn, helpful friendly club members, can't get any better than that - even the skeeters kept a low profile.

Again, just wanted to thank Double Lung 'Em and the rest of Bo-Arro for helping keep field alive and for offering up their club to host such a worthwhile event. Hopefully they will be able to continue this event for years to come and even more folks will be able to attend.

Yours in the sport,

JB >>-------->

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CHPro

CHPro-

Didn't know you made it down, AT member Jefro and I shot the round together, a first for both of us, and I believe Jefro took 3rd in the Freestyle class with a 538.

Thanks for the support! Btw, your name wouldn't be Jeff Button? If so, I have a dozen arrows and broadheads that you won in the raffle.

DLE

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
DLE, that would be me. Got there about 9:00am, shot a couple arrows on the practice range (couple too few that is, sight marks not quite as good as they should have been, lol!) and then hit the course w/ 3 other cheeseheads. Shot as a 4-some. I think by the time we got off the course, partook of the excellent food (great sweet corn boil by the way), and took off it was about 2:15pm. Maybe saw you between 1/2's and didn't even know it :eek: . Mentioned your name to a couple people in regard to where I heard about the shoot. I think the only comment I got was something to the effect, "about time he did his job ;) :D ", lol!

Sorry I missed running into you personally. Thanks again though for the info, we had a great time and look forward to possibly getting down your way again to shoot a field round next year. Congrats to Jefro as well, very good shooting.

>>--------->

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Might Remember

You're weren't the one with the red curly hair and beard, kind of a big guy? I remember 4 guys from Wisc. with fancy looking bows and arrows.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Great time

Double Lung 'Em & CHPro, Thanks guys. This was my first field shoot. I am hooked. There is nothing like watching your arrow on it's way to the 80 yarder. DL'Em, I really enjoyed shooting with you. This seems to be one the most worth while charities yet. Keep me posted on more events in the future. And as for the members of Bo-Arrow, well they sure know how to make someone feel welcome. Thanks again to everyone that put on this awsome event. Jeff

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
DLE, that would be the group I was hanging with. Especially if you're being generous with the "kind of a big guy" portion of your description :D! Hey, I resemble that remark, lol ;) !

I'll try to remember next season to post when there are some field shoots happening on our side of the border in case you folks are interested in doing some more field shooting. Great to see more getting hooked.

>>------->

1 - 15 of 15 Posts