Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was supposed to be a special crossbow section in this edition and it even says so on the front cover....Special Crossbow section page 32A...well guess what...page 32A doesn't exist. I looked at several copies and could not find any section related to crossbows. What the heck? :noidea:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Probably one of the bowhunter associations complained enough! Guilford Bowhunters hates crossbows and won't recognize any records for animals killed with a crossbow.

·
Premium Member
7,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some of you guys in different areas of NC check a magazine stand when you get a chance and see if you find the same as I did. Thanks

·
WI Crossbow Bowhunter
2,577 Posts
We have a similar situation here in Wisconsin. The majority of the archery hunting clubs dislike crossbows even though they know very little about them. I believe that's the brunt of their problem.

Many of them are all wrapped up in whatever vert bow they happen to shoot and don't have the time or the money to get involved with anything additional (crossbows). They shoot and shoot and give it their all and can barely hit the bullseye on occasion.

Some dude with a crossbow steps out from around the corner and hits dime size spots on the target over and over again making the vert bow guy look like an idiot.

In my opinion much of the hatred stems from this type of scenario.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Actually....

It sounds like a printing mistake....we have a similar magazine here in Michigan, and it has EXACTLY the same thing on the cover..."Special Crossbow section starting on page 32A"....and mine is there. Now, on the downside: I read it and you're not missing much.
Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts