Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I've been watching some YouTube videos lately to learn how others do things and I'm a little confused. I see a lot of people setup their bows by starting with the d-loop first then install the rest then peep and finally the kisser button. I was under the impression that you do the rest first (finding that it comes up to 90 degrees and the full upright position), then install the d-loop then the peep and kisser button.

How do you all do it? Also I use a brass nock to find my point then I tie a loop just above that and put on a arrow nick then I tie the loop off under the arrow nick, is this wrong also?

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I personally set the rest, then d-loop, then peep. There's nothing wrong with the way you set your loop, but I would change the brass nock over to nock thread or serving after you find your proper nock height.

·
Registered
8,367 Posts
I have an entire bow build up multi part article on how I set up my target bow. It's a little overkill, but it goes over a lot of information.

There's a link to my website in my signature if you'd like to look through it.

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
I have an entire bow build up multi part article on how I set up my target bow. It's a little overkill, but it goes over a lot of information.

There's a link to my website in my signature if you'd like to look through it.
Wow. You barely beat me to it, haha

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
I go , Rest , loop , peep

1 - 7 of 7 Posts