Archery Talk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know about you all but I am getting a little tired of those select few (or should I say individual) who make stupidly low offers to every post that comes up.

For those who do this... you lose respect very quickly when you make outlandish offers all the time. If you wish to be taken seriously think before you make an offer. I buy bows here as well, even sell from time to time.

AT is a great place with some great people..... we are all looking for a good deal.... but if you wish for a free bee I suggest the swap meet, or your grandpas attic.

Many Thanks------

·
Registered
386 Posts
You're right . . .

I got one of those offers for a Great Plains recurve I have.

On the other hand . . . it may have been a reasonable offer from the other guy's point of view. Everybody values their stuff differently.

It didn't bother me since he was offering what I presume he thought was right. Maybe he thought I had over-valued my bow.

I don't get offended when I get low-balled, and when I make an offer, I offer what an items is worth to me. If my offer isn't in the same range as he thinks, one or both of us may be wrong. That's how it goes . . .

I understand the frustration . . . but it is always a matter seen in different ways by different eyes.

Steve

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
You're right, but...

Yes, I agree with what you say, and there have been times when I thought that I was offering a reasonable amount for something I was considering buying (I usually base what I offer on what I see comparable bows going for on eBay) and the seller balked at my price and wanted more and I, too, have been offered what I considered to be a ridiculously low amount when I was the seller. But with that being said, all you can really do is just politely decline the offer when someone offers you an amount that you KNOW is MUCH less than what your item is worth. There are lots of people trying to be slick out here and trying to get away with getting something worth hundreds for only pennies, but still...just let it go and only deal with those who are willing to pay what you know your item is worth;)

·
"Aim small,Miss small"
985 Posts
On other forums I have been on usually the one "low balling" a seller is a kid that thinks he is slick and by passes the buying rules and cant afford the high quality bows. One its good they're in archery but they have to understand the seller aslo paid good money for the product.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I hear ya... I was about ready to put up a $50 bow to sell for $200 (yeah, I'd take $150 for it) just to give his keyboard a rest.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i didnt mean low as in im asking 300 and get offered 200.....

I mean im asking 300 and then somebody says...... "ill give $100"

Anyway I am really not frustrated.... just wanted to shout that out there;)

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Trentcur be careful what you say I remember when I was selling bow that was well worth 375.00 and I was asking for offers and you said heres your offer $100.00 and then u said nice bow.......$150.00 I do agree with what your saying but practise what you preach no hard feelings I took it as a joke! ha!ha!

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=868495&highlight=crooked+stic

·
Independent bowhunter
2,082 Posts
Not only do they make stupid offers they don`t even read the discription, and don`t have any idea what it cost to ship items, of course if you want to deal with some real dim whits sell on ebay its getting worse,

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
hmmmm

this is not the place for this thread :sleep:

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
A simple No will normally take care of the problem.
Very well put.. Some should remember that something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

Just like everything else these days stuff aint what it was worth a couple years ago.

Now if we want buying and selling peeves how about folks who ask way more than what they are selling is worth. They bump it up once or twice a day and end up with a bunch of TTT post till they pull if or finally lower their price.. Always love the folks who finally post they are going to pull it the next day if they don't get a buyer lol like people are waiting for that to jump in there and buy.. or those that can't post photos in their adds come on photobucket is free so post some pictures!! Those who post photos get more for their product..

Yeah I buy and sell bows too and no matter what, I try to be polite to those who inquire about what I'm selling.. Nothing turns off a buyer more than a seller who thinks they are doing the buyer a favor or who is rude.. Hey it gets around, so if you don't want a low ball offer try using the word FIRM..:).. Randy

·
Registered
478 Posts
i think this whole thread is rude.
an offer is an offer. (if you dont like it---> say no or ignore the offer, easy as that)
some people have differnet ideas of what used bows cost.
we are in bad economic times. it is what it is.
if someone tries to bargain what is the harm?
im not trying to start a fight but, come on......
:pukey:

·
Read Only
5,693 Posts
time to close this on out!

:sleep:my advise is to just ignor the extreme lowballers as board people with nothing better to do and close this thread.

my-2-cents

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think some people are missing the point that I tried to make........ maybe I said it wrong. I dont even mean for those people who bid on something that they are seriously interested in. I mean when somebody bids on literally every single bow that is posted with an offer at 1/3 or 1/4 of the cost.

Anyway..... I propably should not have posted this thread as it seems to have been offensive, plus as some have said this really isnt a good place for this post.
Anybody tell me how to close a thread????????????????????????????????????

Many thanks- and I apolagize to all whom may have been offended or felt that I was rude in any way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.