Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, looking at getting some new broadheads, and after hearing awesome reviews about the magnus offerings, especially the stinger and buzzcut, I have to admit, im leaning toward getting one of them (unless someone can offer something better).

My question is, which one to choose? they are basically the same design, one serrated one smooth. Which one causes the most trauma/blood loss to the animal?

http://www.magnusbroadheads.com/stingers.html

http://www.magnusbroadheads.com/buzzcut.html

·
No Hype, Just Hunt
12,419 Posts
I love the buzzcuts! You can't go wrong with either of them but it just seems like they bleed better with the buzzcuts, the serated edges cause an extra bit of trama to help open them up.

Mike the owner of Magnus uses buzzcuts for what its worth.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love the buzzcuts! You can't go wrong with either of them but it just seems like they bleed better with the buzzcuts, the serated edges cause an extra bit of trama to help open them up.

Mike the owner of Magnus uses buzzcuts for what its worth.
Thats interesting that he uses the buzzcuts... about buzzcuts, the stinger has a reputation that it is very durable, and can be sharpened, is it the same with the buzzcut?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In relation to muzzy 3 blade 100 grain, how does the magnus offering stack up?

also, does anyone have pictures of the damage done by the magnus broadheads?

·
Vendor
84,694 Posts
There are a few pictures on here of the damage done by a Buzz cut and those heads are just awesome. They will rip right through a deer or Hog in a second. If you want a price on some send me a Pm.

·
Registered
25,069 Posts
il give my experience with them

first off both stinger and buzzcut fly perfect, both very sharp(my buzzcuts came alot sharper though) and they epenetrate great.

thing i dont like is the tips curl over hitting bone or other hard objects.

iuse a 2 blade buzzcut this year to tak emy deer. it blew through the lung, heart and the lower leg like nothing was there. blood trail was bad only a dot here and there. but the deeer only ran 60 yds before it stopped and ropped dead. where he was standing there was a huge blood puddle, his chest was full of blood also. like said the tip curled on this one.

over all they are nice heads and have a nice warrentee for them.

dont think ill be using them next season though. not cause i dont like them just because ther a few other heads that have me interrested and fly a little better for me

·
No Hype, Just Hunt
12,419 Posts
Thats interesting that he uses the buzzcuts... about buzzcuts, the stinger has a reputation that it is very durable, and can be sharpened, is it the same with the buzzcut?
You can resharpen them just fine, you will need a serrated knife sharpening stone to get into the serrations but other wise it is exactly the same head. It is a stinger with the serrations cut into the back of the blade.

And compared to a muzzy 3 blade, well to be honest they really both do their job well. I like magnus better, I get tons of penetration, they are always sharp, and I love the life time warranty on their heads. The staff at magnus is just plain awesome and they are great people. They will have my business as long as they are in business.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Buzzcuts sharpen up as easy as the Stinger. Check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV8VUC6kjkU I use a KME and have fun sharpening mine up.

Here is a picture of a MD Sika that was the 4th deer taken with the same Buzzcut this fall. If you look on either side of the deer you can see the blood....he only went 50-60 yards but it looked like that the whole way ;) Stingers and Buzzcuts are both fine heads and either will do the job....heck do what I do and have both in your quiver :D

·
Registered
566 Posts

first off both stinger and buzzcut fly perfect, both very sharp(my buzzcuts came alot sharper though) and they epenetrate great.

Magnus has a lifetime guarantee so send them the bent head back and get a new one for free! You will have a hard time finding another head manufacturer that will do that. To me its a win win situation. Buzzcuts are affordable and if one bends or blows up they will replace it for zero,nada,nothing.

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
100gr. 2bld. Buzzcut 28yds slightly quartering to full pass through! He went all of 5-10 steps and dropped, never even knew he was hit!

·
Registered
25,069 Posts

Magnus has a lifetime guarantee so send them the bent head back and get a new one for free! You will have a hard time finding another head manufacturer that will do that. To me its a win win situation. Buzzcuts are affordable and if one bends or blows up they will replace it for zero,nada,nothing.
im not sending that one back. first arrow i ran through a deer. im keeping it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts