Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I supposed to have serving applied where it touches my string stop? I had the shop install the new string and they did not do that. Is it really needed? Should I take it back and have them do that?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I always put serving where my string stop meets the string. Have tried it without and the string gets fuzzy pretty quick. Actually, the shop should have at least asked you if you wanted it or not.

·
Electified Archer
3,275 Posts
It would be worth the couple extra bucks to have it done.

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,268 Posts
Am I supposed to have serving applied where it touches my string stop? I had the shop install the new string and they did not do that. Is it really needed? Should I take it back and have them do that?
Yes, it should be served there. Your shop should have done that without you even asking them to. That tells me a little about the shop that you go to...........

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
It will save some wear on your string I would serve it even if you just do it yourself with dental floss if you dont have any serving material.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
I always put serving where my string stop meets the string.

·
SuperToon'd
11,804 Posts
Yes, it should be served there. Your shop should have done that without you even asking them to. That tells me a little about the shop that you go to...........
x2.........just another reason I can't wait to get a press...........:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I agree!!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Maybe they should have, maybe not, but how about you learn to do it yourself. No special tools needed, just some serving thread.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
You can also use shrink tubing. Just mark the string where you need it to go, slide it on, and heat it with a hair dryer on low.

Stone Mountain actually sells it as an option.

·
Electified Archer
3,275 Posts
You can also use shrink tubing. Just mark the string where you need it to go, slide it on, and heat it with a hair dryer on low.

Stone Mountain actually sells it as an option.
Stone Mountain doesn,t just give it away with every string?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts