Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm shooting a Drenalin and still on my original string. I need to replace my center serving & this is where I need some help. I'm using .025 serving and shooting easton H nocks. When I removed the original serving they had a strand of serving material running under the wraps. I tried the regular way & nock is to loose. I've served before but never like this before. Can someone explain how this is done? Thanks!:shade:

· Registered
47,636 Posts
It seems someone already fitted the serving and nocks. You could try closing your nocks a bit or reserve and try a piece under just like what you took off. Or try smaller throated nocks. They're cheap.

How loose are they? Do they pop off while drawing? I like mine loose. Barely a click when I nock them. Just enough to keep them on while drawing, but will pop off if I point the bow at the floor and tap the string. Then they're just right. They seem more consistent fitted this way.

· Registered
3,041 Posts
do you mesan like what I do is make like a bunny ear like you learned how to tie your shoe.. take the longer end of the serving and start wrapping over the rabbit ear when you get to the end put the end of the string through the loop at the end and then pull the short end so that your pulling the srting under what you just wrapped.. You probly wont understand a thing I said... I look for a video.. Hold on...

· Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. The nocks where pretty loose at least compared to the original string. I'll have to try that way again and draw to see if they stay on. I bought it new & serving came like this from the factory. I thought I read somewhere on here that on the dren strings you had to serve this way to get a good nock fit. Thanks again!:shade:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.