Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
14,406 Posts
I just melt the end of the cord into a ball, split the cable, and insert the cord at the desired point for proper timing, then once set, I serve below the cord, then right up and over the cord for about 1" (just as you would serve center serving). This basically serves the cord and cable together. Its very strong. Lots of ways to do it, this is just my preference. Some just serve above and below the cord, some use a cable clamp, some use a cable slide attachement etc.

· Registered
5,465 Posts
With my QAD I did just a Meleagris does, melt the end to get a nice ball, split and insert it between the cable, Serve about 1/4" below and 3/8" above.

· Registered
10,406 Posts
I run the cord through the down cable about 1.5" below the rest...serve the top and bottom tight....i than nock an arrow and draw the bow to full draw and than let it down....i than make a mark on the cord at the outside of cable and than pull the cord through and clip it off at the mark and frey it out and using a cig lighter...light the end of the cord with the end of the cord facing up and let it burn long enough (usually just a few seconds)till a nice little ball forms and blow out the flame on the cord.....let it cool for a couple minutes.....nock an arrow and check it.

Attachments

· Registered
47,636 Posts
Just tie it on. No need to press it and split the cable at all.

Just tie a clove hitch (I think that's the name of the knot used in D loops) and serve above it 1" or so. To tie it in place just do a series of overhand knots with serving thread, some old string material or floss. Tie an overhand knot on one side of the cable, then the other side, then the other and so on until you have enough to prevent it from slipping up the cable when you draw. Draw the knots tight with each tie. It works. Mine hasn't moved in thousands of shots.

And longer cords tie lower on the cable make it easier to keep them out of the arrow's way and keeps the launcher from ever getting pulled back up by oscillating cables.

· Banned
3,067 Posts
Just tie it on. No need to press it and split the cable at all.

Just tie a clove hitch (I think that's the name of the knot used in D loops) and serve above it 1" or so. To tie it in place just do a series of overhand knots with serving thread, some old string material or floss. Tie an overhand knot on one side of the cable, then the other side, then the other and so on until you have enough to prevent it from slipping up the cable when you draw. Draw the knots tight with each tie. It works. Mine hasn't moved in thousands of shots.

And longer cords tie lower on the cable make it easier to keep them out of the arrow's way and keeps the launcher from ever getting pulled back up by oscillating cables.

This method works very well and no bow press is needed either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.