Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size do i need to buy for a center serve and which serving brand is the best for this.Thanks

·
Registered
20,289 Posts
Shane -

I've always used Bohning's #4 nylon, and never had a problem on traditional bows. Compounds, releases will probably need or like something different.

Viper1 out.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
That depends on the size of the serving that is already on your bow string.If it is the original serving that came with the bow you can call the bow company and find out what they served it with then go from there.Most servings are usually in the .22-.26 thickness range.Just make sure your nocks fit right.

·
Registered
13 Posts
IIRC, Zebras come with a .25 Bohning #62 serving out of the package.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Close...

BCY makes #62. I thought most of the Zebras I've reserved had the .021" size center serving on them, but maybe not. Could be either size (.021" or .025") I suppose, nock fit being the determining factor.

I tend to make my strings on the heavy side, and use .021" on most. A couple strands less and I need to use .025".

BCY site

Regards,
Charlie

·
Registered
13 Posts
Actually, I think we're both right. When they switched from mono servings, they did put out strings with both sizes of servings. All of the Mathews sized strings were .25, and the 2 cam strings came with either.

I'm pretty sure you can order them with just about anything these days...

BTW, you are correct, it's BCY rather than Bohning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts