Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some new serving material for serving in peeps. I have no clue on the size or type I should get. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
Thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
serving material

the only thing i have ever used and for the most part most of the other friends use is ordinary tape style waxed dental floss, it is extremely strong and durable and when it is waxed in with the string it will last as long as the string with no problems and it is very light weight...hope this helps. DON

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Any seving thread will do. I prefer a thinner diameter thread. I often use .22 serving thread because it is always close at hand.
Do a search on Red Charm she sells nock/peep serving.
Make sure you wax the thread before applying it to the string. This helps lock it in place.

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
gobblerslayer said:
I'm looking for some new serving material for serving in peeps. I have no clue on the size or type I should get. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
Thanks
I use the Brownell Diamondback. I have the 0.26 and 0.22 and use the 0.22 for tying in peeps and stuff.

Here is a link to a poll that I did a while back:
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=356600

·
EXTREME BOWSTRINGS
11,626 Posts
I like to use the Brownell Diamond Back also in .022 size and the way I serve it you cannot move the peep once its tied except to cut it off.:wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts