Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked my new Experience over the other day and I noticed a spot on the cable near the bottom cam that has a small area, about 1/2" long, wearing into the serving on the cable. I am pretty sure it is the down cable. I looked at the cam and the cable track, and I don't see any sharp edges or burrs in the tracks. Anyone got any advise on how I can fix it?? Has the stock Octane strings if that helps any. I'll get a pic of it thrown up tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Is it where the draw stop hits? The stock strings are hit and miss.

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about that, but I will most definitely double check! You aren't kidding! My Admiral FLX went through 3 sets before I decided to say the heck with it and go for Prolines.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Like this?

The spot just above the cam where its separating is where it comes around the sharp break on the mod. Other spot a inch up is where it touches/rests against the axle housing at full draw.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's just like what I have, that's what I figured. I have had nothing but issues with the Octane strings.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Like this?

The spot just above the cam where its separating is where it comes around the sharp break on the mod. Other spot a inch up is where it touches/rests against the axle housing at full draw.
Is this to be expected with a fairly new bow/strings? I've only shot a couple hundred arrows through it and mine has similar wear.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Stock strings did this on my cpx also.. got a set of threads from Tony and they are great. .. no separation at all

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Is this to be expected with a fairly new bow/strings? I've only shot a couple hundred arrows through it and mine has similar wear.
Mine showed this wear early on...like yours. Been thousands and thousands of shots since.

Strings are a high wear item. They take a beating. I've used stock strings and customs from several builders. If your going to shoot your bow they will wear...doesn't matter if they are stock or custom.

The strings in the pic are stock octane. They've been great...no complaints at all. In fact some of the best strings I've used...even compared to some of the high end builders here on AT! True.

That said...I have a set of VT waiting to install. I expect them to last as long as any other. No better... no worse IMHO.

It is what it is...if your going to shoot your bow...the strings will show wear. If it worries you...replace them. Plenty of quality builders here on AT. But don't expect your world to change by using a "custom" set. That said...i always replace with customs over stock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts