Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I've been shooting 3D with a trad bow, off the shelf for a while now and I would like to go into barebow archery (string walking) with a ilf recurve and it would be nice if some of you could quickly answer some questions I have for my equipment.

1) Riser : I will very likely go with the kinetic arios 25" since it seems to have a good quality /price ratio. Does anyone avec any experience with it? What about the Topoint Unison?

2) Limbs : I've access to uukha limbs 36# either in longs or medium. I've a 29" DL and I'm leaning more towards a 70" bow instead of 68 because I was told it would be more stable . Any reason no to (speed loss?) ?

3) Rest : I've read that string walking needs a sturdier rest. Any suggestion? I heard the spigarelli zt is good but they have 2 models (A and C) and I don't know which one to get for my riser. Does a hoyt super rest work for SW?

4) Plunger : my budget is a bit tight. Apparently the beiter is amazing but it's on the expensive side for me. Will I notice a performance difference (significant) if I go with a cheaper one? The shibuya dx would be more affordable.

5) Arrows : I was thinking keeping my uncut GT traditional 600 (0.295" o. d.) with feathers for now. They shoot great out of my 40# 60" hybrid longbow, so I figured that I should be able to tune them for the 36# recurve. It's that a problem in keeping those arrows ?

6) is there anything else to know for a barebow setup for SW? Are there any incompatibilities (especially for the plunger /arrow/rest combo)?

Thanks in advance for your time!

Best
David

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
1. Do not have any info
2. go with long limbs (70") bow
3. call or email riser supplier and they should be able to help.
4. go with dx it will be a set and forget
5. This will probably work but may have to play with point weight
6. Tab, Yost or Black Mamba Traditional 3 under. I have both tabs and one is not better than the other. I use the black mamba more because I use the venom tab on my olympic recurve.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your answer.

Yes I forgot to mention that I already shoot with a tab. I have a Yost tab and it's amazing.
Is a weight a must have for a barebow in order to prevent the bow from balling backwars on release?

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Go with the beiter. No tools needed to make adjustments, super smooth and I’ve had several for many years, pretty much indestructible. As you change your crawl your tune changes. You can adjust string blur or I adjust my plunger as I crawl down the string. Point on and tuned at 50m, at 40m I am 3 clicks different, at 30 I am 5 clicks.

Others may not have that issue, I just know what works for me.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hum I'll see if I can free some budget for the plunger. If I go with a wrap around rest, do I have to go to a long plunger? What if the plunger I end up getting has only one size?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,858 Posts
For me personally the AAE Free Flyte is far better than the ZT.

·
Registered
77 Posts
adding weight to the lower part of the bow can help with stabilization and the rock back of the bow but is not required.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts