Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I created some sight tapes using OT2 software. When I set up my Archers Mark Sight tape on I-Phone it ask for 20yd sight in mark and 50yd sight in mark. How do I determine what mark my sight is at ? 20yd mark is at the first large hash mark so what numeral mark would this be ? (0.0?, 1.0?, ). How do I determine this? The sight is a DS Advantage 20/24.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok. I guess I have mentioned this wrong. When you see a sight tape program listing your 20yd mark as 23.75, where is this 23.75 come from ?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I'm not asking this correctly. If my sight tape program is asking for the 20yd mark of ##.## and 50yd mark of ##.##, how do I determine this.?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm not sure about your specific site but on most sites one side will have marks with numbers that you use to input into your program and the other side is where you put your tape. Does that answer your question?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
What kind of sight are you using? Most will have a generic list of numbers on one side of the vertical adjustment bar. Once you find your 20 yard mark, record where that mark is on that scale, then the same for the 50 yard. The "point something" i.e. 23 ".75" is how many clicks past the whole number you are using. You can determine this by using the numbers on the top of the knob that is used for the vertical adjustment.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
What kind of sight are you using? Most will have a generic list of numbers on one side of the vertical adjustment bar. Once you find your 20 yard mark, record where that mark is on that scale, then the same for the 50 yard. The "point something" i.e. 23 ".75" is how many clicks past the whole number you are using. You can determine this by using the numbers on the top of the knob that is used for the vertical adjustment.

Hope this helps.
^^^^^^^This exactly^^^^^^^.....Now to go a little further, you are gonna have to shoot at a 20yd target and adjusting your sight till you are consistently hitting the "X" at that yardage..Once you you have established that, look at your sight numbers both the vertical bar and the top knob...That will be your shoot in mark...In my case it is 17.50...Then you will do the same with 50yd's....I would suggest working your way back every 10yds rather than guessing the 50yd mark eliminating the chance of missing the target entirely....Hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts