Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this sight don't know to much about setting up this new stuff I'm getting a new to me bow and never messed with these drop rests before do you put on the rest and find your knocking point if so how much above center should it be I wiil use a loop any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
First set the nocking point about 1/8" above the centerline of the berger button hole in the riser. If you're setting up a drop away rest, you want the rest to hold the arrow centered over the berger button hole in the riser when at full draw and you should have the rest picking up the arrow all the way, when you are about 1 1/2 - 2" from full draw. The instructions for the rest should explain how to do this better than I probably can. You can also download the Easton Tuning Guide, which will help you setup and tune the bow, so you'll be out-shooting the pro's in no time flat:D
Here's the link to the tuning guide:
http://www.eastonarchery.com/news/tuningGuide/complete_tuning_guide.pdf

As you can see, it's an Adobe Acrobat file, so you'll need to download Acrobat Reader if you haven't already. It's a free download avaialble here:
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

·
74,535 Posts
Conquest one cam

I set mine at 90degrees level with string. Dont set it high at all.
Im shoot Trophy Taker. Thats a good starting point.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Level arrow?

Hey Boone, I'm just wondering why you set it level? I just got a conquest 2 and it was set a little high. Shoots great.
Thanks, John

·
74,535 Posts
Q2xl

I have always placed my one cam Mathews level. Seem to get good tear with Trophy Taker there. One thing I like about one cams. Always set Hoyt about 1/8 high on two cams. I shoot d-loop always. As long as them groups are tight it works for me.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Setting up Mathews conquest

Thanks for the help gentlemen I never know whether my posts get in this system or not I'll get it figured out eventually again thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts