Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seven years ago, while enroute to the annual Las Vegas tournament, my equipment was stolen.
I am pretty sure the baggage handlers at JFK (NYC) stole the case. It was a nice SKB rectangular case.

I have now (with the help of a good friend, and some members here on AT) , decided it was time to
get back into shooting. I have in the past week purchased a bow,rest, release, cam, and case.
I expect to be back target shooting within a few days. It feels good to finally be back in the sport,
I am already looking at tournaments to attend. Including LAS VEGAS !!!!!!!

·
World & National Champion
33,999 Posts
I hate thieves. Good to see someone getting back into archery. Tough to beat the vegas shoot.
www.60xcustomstrings.com

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
Welcome back

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
My room is already booked at South Point. See ya there !!

What equipment did you buy ??

·
Registered
637 Posts
Seriously seven years ago and you're just now going to shoot again?
I've been shooting archery most of my life and I can tell you if everything I had was stolen today I would be shooting again next week, I have enough friends with the equipment they could loan me, yes most definitely I would be back shooting right away how did you stay away for 7 years what was your thinking just curious?

·
proud deplorable
5,393 Posts
i'd say a mix of life an being disgruntled with having you pride an joy stolen is part of the answer carlielos

good that you got back into it karma may i suggest if you travel again with your gear maybe getting hold of a GPS tracker that you can hide inside your bow case
it may help give you some peace of mind an compared to the cost of gear a gps tracker doesn't cost much.................

either way good luck.................

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
the exact same thing happened to me back in about '77. I had all my stuff stolen out my truck, and it took the wind out of my sails so much, that I quit shooting for a few years, too.
the bow I lost was a custom built PSE frankenbow, that the year before, I used to win the first tournament I was ever in. that bow was built by, who was back then, the guy that was giving Terry Raggsdale a run for his money at Vegas, so it was a pretty special bow to me.
I couldn't stay away either !. it's good that you're back at it,....don't let some thief spoil your fun.

·
Registered
456 Posts
It takes a while when you have something ripped away from you to get back in on the saddle. Glad you are getting back on the horse and hope the time off gives you the mental game that you need to have a good tournament.

·
Registered
640 Posts
i hate thieves.

good luck with your new rig. welcome back!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I picked up a Mathews Conquest 7, Carter Insatiable release, Prong Hunter rest, Skb case. My buddy has a sight, stabilizers and arrows for me. And he makes custom made cables and strings.

Reason for taking so long to get back. At the time of the theft, I was not shooting as often as I should have. So I took the insurance money and invested in wheels and tires for my car.

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,524 Posts
I hope to one do make the Vegas shoot! Right now because of work I can't travel far from home in January, February and the first part of March. Enjoy the game!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I bought a Mathews Apex 7, Prong horn rest, carter release, 4x scope. My buddy hooked me up with a Copper John sight, peep sight, stabilizer, and some arrows.

I have already joined a league, and shot a pr score.

Needless to say I am happy so far.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts