Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Mathews VXR 28, CBE tactic hybrid 3 pin
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster. I’m about to start bow hunting again this September and I’m looking for broadheads. I’m gonna go mechanical and I’m mostly wanting to know what you guys think of the sevr 2.1. My dad has had great results with rage for years I just want to be a little diefferent then the old man lol. If you have any good pics of entry and exits or good stories or bad stories about these heads my ears are open! Thanks

·
Registered
491 Posts
Killed my biggest buck last season with the 2.1 however barely any blood to trail it. Also Sevr’s are notorious for the tips curling or folding over. Very accurate but until they fix the curling issue I would look at something else. I tested 6 different mechanicals during the quarantine and found the Wasp Jak-Hammers to be very good.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
A lot of variables go into a blood trial. I would venture to say it would take triple digits sample size to compare blood trails.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Rage over Sevr all day. I posted up about my experience with Sevr last year - dead animals, but awful to no blood. Rage smashes big holes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I guess I may have to go rage. I’ve seen the results and blood traialso rage leaves... it’s impressive. I just was into trying a smaller companies product but I guess if it isn’t broke don’t fix it

·
wolfey
4,145 Posts
Well I guess I may have to go rage. I’ve seen the results and blood traialso rage leaves... it’s impressive. I just was into trying a smaller companies product but I guess if it isn’t broke don’t fix it
I'm sure there's plenty of people that got excellent blood trails with sevrs as well. Its all about what gets cut and every shot is different. Plenty of people have had light blood trails with rage as well so don't think 1 head is just going to be perfect everytime.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
Sevr> rage !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Really gave Sevr a look and waiting another week until they release their new head to make a final call.
I understand the pivoting blades, but concerned if you ever break a blade it's going to be a field tip.
As of now I will be going with the Trypan unless Sevr new head is really good.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Sevr is part of Easton FYI, not exactly small company.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Shot a deer last year with the rage and sevr 2.1 and sevr 1.5. The 2.1 was a 3 yard shot on the ground. Didn’t pass through but did major damage...she only ran maybe 20 yards. The 1.5 was a 25 yard shot broadside full pass through in the lungs...ran about 50 yards. The rage hit a shoulder and seriously bounced out of the buck. It was a little forward and hit a major artery thankfully...we tracked him for a while....maybe a hundred yards. The rage was twisted in about every direction. The sevrs were completely fine. The sevrs are just beefier!

here’s a picture of the mangled up rage.
50B840B2-6DF6-495A-B10B-152509465695.jpeg

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Shot a deer last year with the rage and sevr 2.1 and sevr 1.5. The 2.1 was a 3 yard shot on the ground. Didn’t pass through but did major damage...she only ran maybe 20 yards. The 1.5 was a 25 yard shot broadside full pass through in the lungs...ran about 50 yards. The rage hit a shoulder and seriously bounced out of the buck. It was a little forward and hit a major artery thankfully...we tracked him for a while....maybe a hundred yards. The rage was twisted in about every direction. The sevrs were completely fine. The sevrs are just beefier!

here’s a picture of the mangled up rage.
View attachment 7195293
Hypodermics are trash - shoot the Trypans.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually just found the rage trypans on line for a good price so I bought them. Hope they’re as good as they look on youtube

·
Registered
18,420 Posts
Lusk put the sevr through the ringer and it performed awesome, the 1.5 titanium survived al the tests evn the ones for fixed heads. I have seen several post about curled tips and even some pics though.

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,531 Posts
Rage Trypan for a straight mechanical for sure. It's way tougher than older Rage heads and performs flawlessly.

I won't buy Sevr - not impressed.

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
Rage Trypan for a straight mechanical for sure. It's way tougher than older Rage heads and performs flawlessly.

I won't buy Sevr - not impressed.
Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
New 2.0 came out today. Slightly smaller cut area, more swept blades, smaller “knobs” all should lead to a pretty good head! Strongly considering them for my high momentum elk rig.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts