Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone shooting these this year? I just bought some and wanting to get some feed back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Elite Gt500, Elite Envy, Reign 6
1,768 Posts
Anyone shooting these this year? I just bought some and wanting to get some feed back!

I bought the 1.5s last year and im shooting them again this year. Only mechanical head ill shoot now. The 1.5s penetrate deep!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Prime#1

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I will be running both the 1.5’s and 2.1’s. Have very high expectations for them!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I will be running both the 1.5’s and 2.1’s. Have very high expectations for them!

The 2.1s do not penatrate very well but do leave a huge cut. Unless you have a long draw and shooting heavy weight with a heavy arrow the 2.1s will not impress you as far as penatration goes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 1.5 are the ones I got. Hopefully I will be able to let an arrow fly Saturday morning and put them to use!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
The 2.1s do not penatrate very well but do leave a huge cut. Unless you have a long draw and shooting heavy weight with a heavy arrow the 2.1s will not impress you as far as penatration goes.
Thanks for the heads up! I shoot 74 pounds w/29.5” dL, 550+ grains total arrow weight. As long as I get a pass through I’ll be happy.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! I shoot 74 pounds w/29.5” dL, 550+ grains total arrow weight. As long as I get a pass through I’ll be happy.

Well you will get a pass through with those specs!

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
I have 1 in my quiver; the 150 grain 2" version and I have a 33" DL and 530 grain arrow, so should be good.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I'm considering the 1.5s as I'm only pulling 53-55lbs.
My buddy shoots the 2.0s and loves them. Trying to talk me into them, but I'm concerned about the penetration.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I'm considering the 1.5s as I'm only pulling 53-55lbs.
My buddy shoots the 2.0s and loves them. Trying to talk me into them, but I'm concerned about the penetration.
The 2.0s are a big improvement over the 2.1s. More swept back design. I wouldn't worry about it with the 2.0s.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: bond007

·
Registered
510 Posts
great...more things to think about now....LOL
I may just mix them up and get 2 of each.
Free shipping over $49, so I think it makes sense to get 4 instead of 3. They also have a deal if you buy 7

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thinking of switching to these from a Rage Trypan.
I’m at 65lb and 28” draw. But only a 425 grain arrow with decent FOC. Think I should use the 1.5 or 2.0?

·
BnBSlings
3,212 Posts
I am shooting 665 grain arrow out of 70 pounds with a sevr 1.5. I shot a buck opening day, blew through him, six inches of dirt and and had to dig out of tree root. Deer ran 25 yards and lots of blood.

Attachments

·
Registered
PSE Ferocity
175 Posts
ive got some of the 1.5s and some Grim reaper razortip 1 3/8s this year havent decided which one gets the opening day nod yet.

·
The Impartial Archer
17,457 Posts
I used the 1.5 at the start of last season. They worked well but like all mechanicals they have the o-rings, screws and are harder to reuse (If that matters) so I stopped using them.

I shot a deer in the spine and wish I would have taken the time to dig it out and see what happened but it was late and I had to work the next day so I'll never know. It worked though and that's what matters.

No complaints other than they are more work to re-use but that's all mechanicals.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Thinking of switching to these from a Rage Trypan.
I’m at 65lb and 28” draw. But only a 425 grain arrow with decent FOC. Think I should use the 1.5 or 2.0?
I would say 1.5’s. But I always tend to err on the side of caution and go for penetration. Others will tell you to get the 2.0’s. That’s just me 2 pennies worth though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts