Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OOOooookay, here goes...

I am new to bowhunting. I work at Wal-Mart so I bought the Fred Bear bow they sell, well, because I figured if I didn't like bowhunting, or I suck at it, I'm not out a whole lot of money. Well, I am using the bow at the 29" draw, which seems to feel right. I have short arms. Did I mention that I am vertically challenged? 5'8", 295 lbs. ( I'm not fat, I'm big boned! :wink: )
My question is... I bought the 29" Carbon Express shafts, but they're only rated to 60#, and my bow is set at 72# from the factory. They don't have any 29" shafts rated above 60#. Am I using the wrong shafts? I am using a Whisker Biscuit rest (for carbon arrows).

Kurt

· Registered
272 Posts
Based on your height, your draw length sounds too long. It should probably be closer to 27.5" than 29", but this really depends on your body proportions.

Regarding the shafts, provide more detail. What is the exact Carbon Express shaft, what length are they cut to, what weight points, what fletching, etc..

~petev

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.