Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I read the review but want ppls opinions which is a better rest for hunting on a Tribute. The trophy taker shakey hunter or the copper John scardy cat. I tryed a muzzy Zero effect now I am using a whisker biscuit but am not sold on it.
Any opinon and why is greatly appreciated. The reason I picked these 2 rests is that they both have a nice cath arm and should make it harder to lose the arrow during draw even in ot of position situations
Thanks Hemlok

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
I have hunted with a shakey for 3 years and it is really great. I have the reg arm on my 3d rig. The TT series is great, rock solid, I personally couldn't be happier with it.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I shot and hunted with a WB for two years and I have few complaints with the rest. I still have it on my back up bow. I went to TT pronghorn about 5 months ago and I will never change rests again. I am completely amazed at the durable yet simple and effective design. I went with the pronhorn because I thought the shakey hunter model was too wide..I was worried about consistant throat capture. I now feel that the full capture advantage of the Wb to be overrated. I Have shot with my tt from all sorts of angles and even with a cant just to experiment. I have not a single promblem with drawing or letting down while using this model. The only problem is I can't shoot upside down or hunt with the bow in my lap:tongue:

·
Team #28
5,828 Posts
I have hunted with the original Shakey Hunter for 3 years and this past year I added a new Shakey Hunter Pronghorn to my Ross CR334. I like the Shake Hunter Pronghorn better. It has a more compact prong that the arrow sits in. I think the shorter prongs make for less vibration. My Pronghorn is dead quiet compared to my original Shakey Hunter (which is also VERY quiet)

I do not have any info on the Scardy cat though. I have never felt the need to switch from my trophy taker.

·
registered archer
3,250 Posts
scardy cat is cheaply priced, simple design and a very good rest cant go wrong

·
Shooter of many brands.
6,613 Posts
Rest

Scardy Cat works fine for me, I tried most of them and the scardy cat is as good as the expensive rests. Never had a single problem with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts