Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you guys could share some of your tips on how you guys minomize your shaking?

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
Draw and holding weight too much for you? Draw length too long or short? The correct adjustments will help but I believe my own recent additional shaking might be medical related. There is some history of Parkinson's in my family and I might be looking at that issue soon. Don't overlook a doctor's appointment if adjustments to your bow dosen't help.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
shaking

You need to be relaxed at full draw, and be able to settle in, as mentioned above something might be out of whack with your set-up for you.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Draw length can have a huge impact on the little shakes.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
the guys at my club tell me that having a few :darkbeer: will steady you a bit, but over 4 and then you start to go downhill

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
wear more clothes...man it sucks to be cold and shaking...lol:tongue:

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
the guys at my club tell me that having a few :darkbeer: will steady you a bit, but over 4 and then you start to go downhill

Over 4 is when I REALLY start having fun... Past 6 and I'm not shooting any more and really concentrating on having fun...

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Shaking

Most bows today are way too light. I experiment with different stabilizers
until I'm rock solid at longer distances, (beyond 30 yds). I have 3 stabs on my bow for a total weight over a pound. No shaking here.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Lite set up

I agree with the lite set up. I had a Dren last year and had all the litest stuff I could on it and thought the bow just shot like crap. It was not the bow. I sold it and bought a vectrix that is much heavier and put a bigger stabilizer on it and I am shooting 10x better...

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Long draw is usualy a big factor, and sometimes too much mass weight.
If every thing is ok there, then try taking a deep breath right before you draw, exhale while drawing back. and take another normal breath as pin is coming to center, let out half of that as pin settles in center. this seems to help my shaking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts