Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Mathews Chill R, MBG 5 Pin Ascent, QAD, Tightspot, Easton FMJ, Slick Trick
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always shot 3 blade broadheads and have always used a special broadhead removing tool. I bought the 4 blade slick tricks and I didn't have the tool to take them off my arrow. I was in a hurry and being stupid and i just tried to use my fingers. It was kinda stuck so i had the head in my left hand and twisted back by my fletchings and POP, it twisted off. Right into my fingers. I ran over to my sink so i didn't get blood everywhere. The next thing I know I woke up on the floor with my roommate over me yelling my name. I have never passed out before in all my life... never even close. He said I was convulsing on the floor for maybe 20 seconds. It must have been a mixture of loss of blood and adrenalin because blood doesn't get to me. I got up and went to the hospital and got 6 stitches in my thumb and 3 in my pointer finger. That was 4 months ago and still don't have feeling in the tip of my thumb. Didn't think about it at the time but I shoulda taken some pictures. So just a reminder to everyone with the season coming up and the broadheads will start to go on DON'T BE LAZY!!! Always use a tool to remove your broadheads! O and I love my slick tricks and can't wait to put them through this guy I got on my camera! FREAKY SHARP

Attachments

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Good luck!

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
good luck to you

·
74,535 Posts
New blades are sharp. Cut myself the first time with the Mercedes blade.
DB

·
Registered
Mathews Chill R, MBG 5 Pin Ascent, QAD, Tightspot, Easton FMJ, Slick Trick
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ttt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts