Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone sharpen there blades even out of the packages just to make sure they are super sharp. Can you use a regular knife sharpener and sharpen them or do you need to use a special stone or something.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I sharpen mine...not usually right out of the pack because I'll shoot them into my target a few times once I put them on...after I make sure they are flying right I'll sharper them and not shoot them anymore except for hunting.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Oh...I bought a broadhead sharpener and it works great. I would not try using a regular knife sharpener. It would take too long and you likely couldn't sharpen them all at the correct angle.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Hey YellowHawkk, what kind of bh sharpener is it that you have? Interested in sharpening some of my approx 30 Muzzy blades.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about the knife sharpeners that have the 2 sharpeners and come together to form an x so you can sharpen both sides at once.

·
Banned
738 Posts
!

i also used my muzzy hunting blades to practise with,also once they were flying straight,i used a smith sharpener to get the blades sharp,and a round pen style knife sharpenr to just touch up the tips.............works great so far...............:darkbeer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts