Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· can I shoot it?
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days back I tested these heads and they were some of the sharpest out of the box heads I have ever tested. With some ultra fine triangle croc sticks and strops these are now much sharper than the 125 replaceable blade control reading, plus the blade polishing is a nice bonus (second pic vs 3rd pic). I have got to be satisfied with these now, especially considering the thickness and steel quality. Not the ideal head for every situation, but for ultra big game they are my choice.
Scale Postal scale Input device Grey Audio equipment

Wood Finger Flooring Hardwood Nail

Wood Finger Bumper Nail Flooring

· can I shoot it?
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just curious, after shooting an animal. How do you touch up your blades with different grits? Pretty new in the sharpening game. I usually do 1200, 2000, then strop
Completely depends on the damage (if any) to the blades. I go from 400 to 2500 grit then strop and use croc sticks in between sometimes.

· can I shoot it?
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
These came very sharp from the factory, as sharp as any I’ve tested so getting them even sharper required a bit of work, considering how strong the steel is. I went freehand with the spyderco triangle sticks, the fine and ultra fine sticks, then the strop with buffing compound and then just the leather.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts