Archery Talk Forum banner

Sharpshooters in Valley Forge Pa

1130 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Nockhuntin88
G
Was wondering there was a recent deer kill at Valley Forge state park . The park was closed so " Sharp Shooters" could thin out the herd. I never met anyone classified as a "Sharp Shooter "! Other than the military or police department is this where they get them ? I don't think so. I know of no one that has papers or a license that says Sharp Shooter. So when they have something like this where do they get them special people. Also are they paid to do this ? Wow, what a nice job to be called out for, and be paid to shoot deer. Bet its who you know to get in on these hunts. Either Bow or Rifle.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,704 Posts
yea I read that they did
suposedly there was an activist issue and death threats so they resceduled it for an unpublished date and recently it took place the meat went to soup kitchens and hungry people
they said that the population was so dense that hunters would not be able to thin the herd enough "guess they should have had an a/t lottery" ;)

· Registered
Elite energy 32, Bowtech experience, Tightspot, Bee Stinger, QAD. Victory arrows
2,325 Posts
I would have loved to have a chance to thin that herd. I could use the practice for when I see that 12 point buck again this year and actually have the guts to let the arrow go when I see him. Not to mention it would give me a chance to see what I can do to improve my chances in the real world where the deer herd isn't too thick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.