Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for some WARM womens hunting gear and was thinking that the she apparel looked about right. Does anyone out there have and suggestions?

G

·
Great question...hopefully, someone will give both of us some answers. I really like their clothing designs, but wish the pants came in longer lengths...33" inseam just isn't long enough for me.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Great question...hopefully, someone will give both of us some answers. I really like their clothing designs, but wish the pants came in longer lengths...33" inseam just isn't long enough for me.
same here.. 34-36" for me depending on pants..

·
Registered
519 Posts
My new long-sleeved She Safari shirt isn't a cold weather model, but should be great for late spring and early fall. The lightweight polyester fabric is somewhat stretchy, and the overall sizing and arm length seems fairly generous for the size. Mine is large enough to layer over a heavy thermal shirt if necessary.

If the cold-weather gear is as good quality, as well made and generously sized as this one.. I'm putting their cold-weather pants and shirt on MY wishlist for sure! :D

Add me to the "I want to know" list! :D

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
I used the SHE C4 pants and jacket last year. Honestly I can't say I'm happy with the fit. I'm normally in Small-Medium, I had to get their XS and the sleeves and legs are still way too long. Jacket fits more like a medium. Plus the pants have no belt loops or adjustments... so if they don't fit just right, they will sag as you walk. I think they are on the right track but certainly need some fine-tuning regarding fit. I do like the big pockets and, the material is quiet compared to other insulated garments.

This season I will be using RedHead ComfortQuest pants and jacket, which fit like a glove (size Small). Hopefully it will be warm enough. I would love to try the Prois line, I've heard good things about their late season gear.

·
Registered
358 Posts
She is great. We carry several brands that are warm...depends what type of hunting you are looking for, but there are great clothes out there designed to fit us. Good Base Layers too. check out www.shootlikeagirl.com for lots of hunting clothes options! Thanks, Karen

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
She Apparel

I tried my buddies gfs fleece top on one day and I am a bit skinnier than her and it wasnt anymore loose around the chest than it was around the belly. Im sure it stretches, but I didnt see the advantage over a regular fleece. Then again I'm a guy and its not my place to judge the fit of womens clothing.

It was comfy and warm, but a little pricey....Then again what isnt in our sport these days.

·
Registered
60 Posts
:thumbs_do

I bought several items from them last year and I hate it say it but it wasn't worth the money. The sizing is off, the colors faded so fast and so badly. The quality for what I paid, just wasn't there.

The basic womens' RedHead gear from BPS has held up better as far as color and wear.

The "low waist" pants were anything but.

I would really love to find women's hunting apparel that FITS and doesn't cost three times as much as men's for less quality.

·
Registered
358 Posts
There really are tons of clothing options for us. The manufacturers are working on developing some more clothes in plus sizes. We have clothes from several brands. You can email me and I can walk you through the sizing...it does vary depending on brand and/or style. I agree it can seem expensive, but I look at is an investment, if you are comfortable your hunt will be a much better experience. thanks!

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
I have some Shesafari things and like them, but i had to return them a few times to the the right size. The shirts all ran small and the pants ran huge. I liked the fact that they came unhemmed, they were really long too and im 5'6".
I have a light weight winter jacket and i like it alot.
I'd like to try their new C4 system, but its just too expensive.

I love my bibs i got from Basspro $49, they are ladies and the size is true. They are super warm. I'll probably buy a new coat from them, real happy with their ladies stuff.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have tried on the red head and i do love the fit but reviews i have read said that they were very noisy? i did contact someone through camp wild girls_they sell prois and they have parties (similar to pampered chef) im considering hosting one. i wish SHEsafari would consider doing something similar! i wish i could make my own clothes as there is many thing about each line that i like but theres little tweeks to each that could be made.

·
Registered
358 Posts
i have tried on the red head and i do love the fit but reviews i have read said that they were very noisy? i did contact someone through camp wild girls_they sell prois and they have parties (similar to pampered chef) im considering hosting one. i wish SHEsafari would consider doing something similar! i wish i could make my own clothes as there is many thing about each line that i like but theres little tweeks to each that could be made.
Check out our schedule and see if you can visit us at one of the shows we are at. We always have some hunting clothes with us from five different manufacturers that make clothes for women, that way you can try all of them on and see what works best for you! visit shootlikeagirl.com for details.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts