Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
dual click is a very good sight,out of your selec tion that would be the one i would pick.when i used it i had no problems with it at all.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Toss a coin, they're both fine.

I prefer the Sure-loc style, because all the screws and stuff are internal and as such a tiny bit harder for me to break.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
As far as Im concerned when it comes to sights.. lighter is better. So then you can put the weight were it needs to be, stabilizer balance and so on. I'm going away from the sure lock and into a Win&Win carbon extension.
Dylan

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, I'll get a Shibuya dual-click x'treme in silver. Sadly, Lancaster said that it would take a month to get them in! :(

But that's OK, I'll use my SureLoc Quest-X (what I have now) until its replacement comes in.

kgk

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
the sureloc quest and the shibuya top of the line cost about the same from LAS as I recall but if you shop around you can get the quest a bit cheaper. I own both and while the shibuya is really nice, I think the SL is little better. More area to put a sight tape on it (I shoot field and this is important to me). I also have used the cavalier extension mounted clicker for years and the original shibuya carbon extensions were not conducive to mounting one.

Sureloc is an hour from my shop so repairs (none needed in 8 years of using these sights) if needed are easier.

Shooting senior men's level bow 45 or so pounds with a fair amount of stabilization, the weight is negligible.

another advantage the sureloc has is quick change apertures. I have seen sight pins break-especially on tough field courses and if you have an extra holder you can change in less then 30 seconds. If you pin gets bent, trying to change it out of the shibuya-short of having an expensive complete extra windage block is a major pain

·
Registered
164 Posts
Jim C said:

another advantage the sureloc has is quick change apertures. I have seen sight pins break-especially on tough field courses and if you have an extra holder you can change in less then 30 seconds. If you pin gets bent, trying to change it out of the shibuya-short of having an expensive complete extra windage block is a major pain
GOOD point. The Arc System sights are similar in this respect.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jim C said:
More area to put a sight tape on it (I shoot field and this is important to me).
I'm going to print an indirection table anyway, so I don't put a tape up.

I also have used the cavalier extension mounted clicker for years and the original shibuya carbon extensions were not conducive to mounting one.
I am using the same thing (Cav) right now, but I was hoping to smite it and go to a Beiter clicker shortly. (I have the Beiter ready, but my current arrows are too long, and I have to lose a few more....)

Is there a reason that I should be using long arrows, in passing?

Sureloc is an hour from my shop so repairs (none needed in 8 years of using these sights) if needed are easier.
That's a great advantage! :)

Shooting senior men's level bow 45 or so pounds with a fair amount of stabilization, the weight is negligible.
Yes, that's an excellent point.

another advantage the sureloc has is quick change apertures. I have seen sight pins break-especially on tough field courses and if you have an extra holder you can change in less then 30 seconds.
Another good point!

I guess I'd need to have a hot spare. But, then again, this is probably a requirement depending on what goes wrong. (Ultimately one does need a second bow with its own sight, etc.)

My favorite feature on the SureLoc is the way you can jump huge distances with the release button---can you do that with the Shibuya?

Now I'm not so sure about what to do!

:confused:

kgk

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
Yes, with the shibuya you just pull up the gear ball and slide the sight-Unlike the top of the line sureloc you do have to loosen the locking screw. a 5 second difference.

(not major IMHO)

·
Registered
260 Posts
I firmly believe the Koreans would still dominate if they used old out of date Check-It sights.
That's why I've never been tempted to buy one of the new expensive "Bow Candy" sights.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts