Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one out there that thinks the width of the Shibuya Sight is TOOOOOOO narrow? I can build a sight tape but it is so narrow I can hardly read it. Comments-possible fixes? I am currently using Achers Advantage for my software program.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Not any more narrow than if you are creating tapes for knob style sights (Hogg Father, etc.)!

Would be nice if it were a little larger, but part of the appeal of this sight is that it takes up less foot-print than other comparable sights...I can work with it!

Besides, I think that most people using this sight, myself included, are using mark charts anyway...

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Mark charts???? I'm kinda new to this-what are those?
Those funny numbers on the knob and the side of the sight bar...Those are sight marks, and they are the numbers you should use when imputing data into your software to create tapes and ballistic charts.

Once you have the numbers/data input into the software, the software will allow you to make a "marks" chart, which is a ballistic chart that will tell you what to dial on your site for the given distance.
For example; On my setup, lets say I have a 41yard shot, I find the 41yd mark on my chart and it tells me to dial my sight to 13.45...I zero the top knob on the Shibuya, move the pointer on the vertical bar to point at the "13" line, then dial the top knob/dial in the "Down" direction till it indicates "4.5"...Now, I'm perfectly dialed in for that 41yd shot!

Using a chart is much more precise than using a tape alone, although I know many really good shooters who just use a tape...My preference is to use marks...YMMV!

Other than greater precision, adding to greater accuracy potential, especially at long ranges, the other nice thing about using marks is that if you use a program like Archers Mark on an Iphone, Ipad, or Ipod, is that you can update/change your marks on the fly...For example; You get to a tourney, and due to string/bow/tune/weather issues, you find that you are a yard, or two, off during practice (or even during the round!), you can just update that on your device and get all new marks that you can trust for the tourney!

Relying solely on a sight tape, you could be playing a guessing game all day long!

A marks chart will also work a lot more accurately on really close shots, like the famous 4yd, and closer, shots you get at a tourney like Redding...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks alot-I knew it must be something like that and it makes a lot of sense. What software are you using to create those marks charts and what is the ap for a smart phone? I've gotta try this!

·
sometimes reality hurts
3,481 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts