• Axcel

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Shibuya

Votes: 8 50.0%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've had a Shibuya CPX 1 365 6" for 5 years, and it's never let me down. It's only this year that I've just changed up to the CPX 2 and then the CP Pro gets released 😔😑, oh well, look forward to at least another 5 years with my CPX 2.

CPX 1 is still in top class condition and it's on the UK FB pages for sale, so plenty of life left in it for someone to look after it with

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Have you guys with the Shibuya run into any issues with there not being a 1st axis adjustment?
My scope housing is visibly pointing towards the ground; with no way to adjust because the scope rod is triangular.
Its been bugging me for a while; i'm not sure what to do about getting it resolved; company is in Japan with no factory presence in the US that i can find.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your first axis is the two bolts that hold the vertical bar onto the carbon bar. it should be up and down level with your string. If it is then it’s the second axis that levels your scope.

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,122 Posts
Shibuya - Made in Japan
Axcel - Made in America.

That's enough for me.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Your first axis is the two bolts that hold the vertical bar onto the carbon bar. it should be up and down level with your string. If it is then it’s the second axis that levels your scope.
The vertical bar of the sight is up and down with the string. The moveable part of the sight that is attached to the vertical bar; and to which the scope is attached, is not perpendicular to the vertical bar. Its like something is machined wrong.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Put you bow in a vise and get it level. With the sight mounted on the bow, put a level against the bar that runs up and down that has the sight markings on it. Make sure it is level with the riser.
Without moving anything, make sure the bubble is level in the scope. Then make sure the scope housing is level from front to back, like you are looking through it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just received the Axcel you're asking about and hadn't had an opportunity to get my hands on one prior to making the decision to take a leap of faith and place the order. I don't have any experience with the Shibuya, but I can tell you that I'm absolutely impressed with the Axcel. Incredibly well thought out, well machined product.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Put you bow in a vise and get it level. With the sight mounted on the bow, put a level against the bar that runs up and down that has the sight markings on it. Make sure it is level with the riser.
Without moving anything, make sure the bubble is level in the scope. Then make sure the scope housing is level from front to back, like you are looking through it.
Mine is not; and there is no way i can see to fix it on a shibuya except to maybe stick a spacer between the bottom screw for the 2nd axis adjustment and the sight block.
Which would look like hell. Just curious if anyone else has the same issue or if i got the only lemon.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I don't know if this will help. If you loosen both of the screws in the picture, the sight bar will move a little. Can you post a picture of what is not square or level on your sight? 20210407_221109.jpg

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Have you guys with the Shibuya run into any issues with there not being a 1st axis adjustment?
My scope housing is visibly pointing towards the ground; with no way to adjust because the scope rod is triangular.
Its been bugging me for a while; i'm not sure what to do about getting it resolved; company is in Japan with no factory presence in the US that i can find.
It does have a first axis adjustment, which works fine.

Do you mean that the scope tightens up against the scope holder but isn’t parallel to the vertical bar maybe?

A picture would help tremendously... Also, shibuya posts on Instagram and here, so it isn’t impossible to get in touch with them.

To the OP, I’ve used a shibuya cpx for a few years now and it has been great. The clicks are fantastic. There are only two things I don’t care for. One, it can be tricky to align the scope perfectly with the sight frame unless you have a scope that mates with the shibuya scope holder (get one - aligning others is too much of a hassle). Second, it is tricky to get the indicator pin moved slightly to align with the tape. That issue is resolved on the cpx II.

I’d buy a CPX II with confidence if something happened to my gen I tomorrow.

D

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The vertical bar of the sight is up and down with the string. The moveable part of the sight that is attached to the vertical bar; and to which the scope is attached, is not perpendicular to the vertical bar. Its like something is machined wrong.
the second axis should adjust that. Can you post me a picture. I own Cooper’s Archery and I’m a bow technician maybe I can help. You can post them or pm them and if I can help you I’ll be happy to give you a call.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's obvious how this thread is gonna turn out, Axcel is a US Company, and you guys just seem to have a huge hard on for anything "MADE IN AMERICA" so that's gonna be the "winner" here. My assumption on this outlook is that because you don't have to rely on import as heavily, therefore you buy internally.

UK wise, we have 1 UK Compound Bow manufacturer (Mybo (Merlin), therefore all our other bows are imported, hence we have the same thought on bits of kits, unless it's some of the Chinese Knock Offs.

That and TRUBall/Axcel offer contingency payouts in the biggest game in the US which is 3D, whereas there is next to no money in WA Target, WA Field & WA 3D in the UK, so that doesn't really sway our thought on branded purchases either

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
the second axis should adjust that. Can you post me a picture. I own Cooper’s Archery and I’m a bow technician maybe I can help. You can post them or pm them and if I can help you I’ll be happy to give you a call.
Will PM you...i don't want to hijack this thread. As far as the comparison between the sights; i have one of each. Both are really good and function well. With exception of the scope barrel issue i'm having; i like the Shibuya better, the clicks are awesome and the tolerances are tighter. There is no play anywhere, whereas on my Axcel there is some play where the sight block attaches to the vertical bar.

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,122 Posts
...and I'm still waiting on American-made carbon arrows to be up to the same tolerances, or better, than imports.
Be specific.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I have both and they are both very high quality. Neither will let you down. Just pick one...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts