Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody on here sell small shim kits? I found a kit on Lancaster, but dont need near that many pieces, and not wanting to pay $60 for alot of unused shims. TIA

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
15,660 Posts
I've sent him a PM. Hopefully I'll hear from him soon. Thanks
I just ordered his mini kit and had it in 3 days. Great deal for $20, although there are sizes I'll probably never use.

·
Just thwackin' it.
7,211 Posts
If you don't want to wait, go to a local pro shop. I bet you they'll sell you shims for cheap or possibly even give you some. Almost every pro shop has a boneyard of spare parts from broken/abandoned bows, bet you can find shims in those too.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've sent him a PM. Hopefully I'll hear from him soon. Thanks
I just ordered his mini kit and had it in 3 days. Great deal for $20, although there are sizes I'll probably never use.
I figure there will be unused pieces. I just don't want to buy the 200+ count set of Lancaster and have a plethora of shims I'll never use. Still waiting to hear back.

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
I figure there will be unused pieces. I just don't want to buy the 200+ count set of Lancaster and have a plethora of shims I'll never use. Still waiting to hear back.
Well I bought a shim kit from the manufacturer....it came in a bag with about 20 shims, not a single mark on the bag. Boy, glad I have a micrometer....still paid $30 for it and I used 1 shim out of it and for the other one I needed I had to put 2 together that I had laying around from a Elite. Those shim kits are absolute rip offs...and cutting nylon is obviously not a science. I needed a .08....nothing even really that close. There was supposed to be one, but it was .073 and .087. I know we are talking a fuzz when it's thousandths of an inch.....but c'mon man. I hate shims and shim kits. I but you could run to the hardware store and get what you needed for much cheaper.

·
Registered
11,553 Posts
This is the mini kit I got from DBLungiT minus several I've used already. Deffinently worth the $20.

Sent from my SM-G532M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm over an hour away from any pro shop, so it's hard to find time to make the trip. I never though about looking at the hardware store, but I don't recall seeing any nylon bushings any other time I've been there. Won't hurt to go take another look!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Jut wait for dblungit to respond. He works a full time construction job and will get back to you. Super guy to deal with. Just recently as a few days ago ordered a kit and received it very quickly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts