Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Of course BlindArcher can't see the pic, but in general shim the cams towards the nock; if you get a left tear then the nock is also left so o shim cams left, if bare shafts impact right of fletched group you also have a nock left and cams go left...

BTW and FYI, when moving rest or cams LH and RH bow/shooter doesn't matter movements are based on the arrow the same either way

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
That’s some pretty significant lean at brace. I would generally only shim cams based on arrow flight and tune, just as Kelly mentioned. But to straighten that up, you would shim it to the right.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Of course BlindArcher can't see the pic, but in general shim the cams towards the nock; if you get a left tear then the nock is also left so o shim cams left, if bare shafts impact right of fletched group you also have a nock left and cams go left...

BTW and FYI, when moving rest or cams LH and RH bow/shooter doesn't matter movements are based on the arrow the same either way
going by cam lean, not the nock. Ihave more lean than I want. Bottom cam is left. Bottom of cam closest to ground is further left than top of cam. This is the bottom cam

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That’s some pretty significant lean at brace. I would generally only shim cams based on arrow flight and tune, just as Kelly mentioned. But to straighten that up, you would shim it to the right.
It’s actually about an inch before full draw. On my draw board.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
It’s actually about an inch before full draw. On my draw board.
I see. I was having a hard time judging where the draw stop was with the closeup pic. But either way, you would want to move the cam to the right to straighten that. What does the top cam look like? Guessing it’s leaning this way \. For a top cam leaning \, you would also want to move it to the right.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
It took me a minute to find it, but there’s a good explanation from Huntinsker of why a cam leans one way or the other in this post.

·
Registered
Mastered missing the X
535 Posts
I would start by seeing if the cable guard had excessive tension, which may be reduced by pushing towards the string.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts