Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've sold a bow and find out that the buyer doesn't want you to get "signature confirmation" because he probably won't be in town because of business would you do it? How could i do this and not be liable for the package? Just wondering if there is an alternative? I always insure things I shipp and anything over $200 requires a signature. Help

·
74,535 Posts
I wont do it. Mine is always insured and he has to sign.

DB

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Wait a few days to ship then or have him have it shipped to a neighbor get it. Something like that might work.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts

DB
^^^^ what he said, not only to protect you but also the person buying from you. i would hate for them to lose out... hope this helps and God bless

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

DB
Thanks DB. I always try to do the best I can when it comes to selling stuff, but I just don't see how I can help him out without being left holding the bag? If he says he would be responsible for anything bad happening how could that be made legal? If he were to send me a p/m and an email asking for me not to inure it would that really hold any weight? I see his side because I've had to sign for things also, but think this is pretty much un avoidable. He's already sent out the money order to pay for the item too. I hope he understands my side?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Not a good idea. I would never do that. You need to know that it was delivered properly and insurance is cheap protection.

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just to a delivery confirmation without signature. you'll have proof it was delivered.
delivery confirmation can only be insured for up to $200 The sale and item value is over $600

·
Banned
685 Posts
Signature confirmation always...

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Try this^^ but whatever you do...Don't ship it without insurance and signature required!
I just don't see how I would stand any chance to recover funds from an insurance claim if I did it that way?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Is this a rhetorical question??

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is this a rhetorical question??
Not at all. I'm just trying to see if there's a way to do this without anyone being left high and dry. I just got off the phone with the buyer and he was wondering if I may ship it to his Mothers residence? He's always out of town on business. I told him just to plan on it being there in 2 or 3 days (priority mail USPS). What's the worst that could happen? It would be at the p[ost office for a day until he goes to pick it up?

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
wouldnt do it if he cant be there to sign for it delay shipping til he gets back in town

I agree with this option. I would tell him your not shipping it till he's back in town. Sure you can do delivery confirmation with insurance, but all they're going to do is leave it on the doorstep and if he's not around. There's a good chance the package won't be around when he returns. All ways insure it and if he's one of those ones that demands USPS then with the way those idots are. It's on him. On big sales I only use UPS or Fedex so it can be tracked the whole way not just here and there. I just had a bow come in USPS and I had one of their tracking numbers and it said it was still at the sort facility in Washington state next thing I know I come home and it's sitting on my doorstep and I had no idea it was coming. Thank god I live in the country and my driveway is 1200ft long or it more than likely would have took a walk. Do everything to cover your butt and the best to cover theirs, but if they want it now then it's on them. Save all emails and pms to also cover your butt. Sometimes stupid can't be fixed.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Sounds weird why would he want you to ship something worth $600 to sit on his doorstep for days while he is out of town. Just tell him you will ship it as soon as he is available to sign for it or do what I do and just have it shipped to my workplace always someone there to sign for it and I don't work in a huge shop so it never disappears..

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sounds weird why would he want you to ship something worth $600 to sit on his doorstep for days while he is out of town. Just tell him you will ship it as soon as he is available to sign for it or do what I do and just have it shipped to my workplace always someone there to sign for it and I don't work in a huge shop so it never disappears..
I think the problem is he is always out of town. He said he does vehicular fire investigations out of state. For instance next week he will be in Arkansas.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts