Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Im going to be getting a new bow likely AFTER I sell my current bow. I dont want to sell my bow with my SKB case, as I wont get what the case is worth in the sale of the bow.

So the question remains, what will be my best choice for shipping a ready to shoot bow, while keeping it protected from damage?

I considered going to gander to buy a $35 case to ship it in, but worry about someone breaking it open and stealing the contents.

Thanks.

Banned
Go to your local archery shop and ask for a bow box, wrap in shrink wrap and bubble wrap, seal it real good and it's on it's way, that's how they get shipped from the factory's no need for a Gander Mtn case.

馃幆

Just a regular double walled box is what I used. I cut mine to dimensions and filled with peanuts.

I have all this available to me at work. But just get a large box and cut it down to size and retape it with good strong packing tape.

Registered
just shipped my old bow out in a bow case with ups....make sure you get insurance you will be fine...

A.K.A BuckChef
Don't ship in any kind of case,
It will drastically increase the shipping cost!!!
Like someone else said, go to your local pro shop, and ask for a bow box, use some bubble wrap and you'll be fine. You may have to take some accessories off before shipping, such as stabilizer or sight, and maybe even the rest.
Do not ship in a case. It's a waste of money!!

Registered
I shipped a experience to GTOjoe in the originall manufactured box,,bubble wrapped it and taped the box up...shipped UPS tracking and insured..zero problems.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
@Squrl What was the actual cost of shipping?

Registered
I just received a bow from Alaska to PA. It was simply plastic wrapped and placed in a mission bow box. It fared fairly well. There we a spot or two that kinda poked through the box but it was sight related as sights don't really ship flat. it was USPS

Registered
Last 2 bows iv shipped iv taken apart. Saves on shipping cost and insures nothing gets damaged.

Registered
29.xx or 32.xx I do t remember exactly boggintuff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts