Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
769 Posts
Thanks much for the video, nicely done. I had to leave early and being able to watch the shootoff on this video really is great.

I enjoyed the pros speaking a bit before they shot. I've seen the shootoff at Vegas six times and everytime wondered about at least one of the shooters. This was a great idea. (I thought the mention of money by Bruce was tasteless and stupid.)

Interviewing after the shootoff is great also. Don't know if you send videos like this to ESPS Sports Center, but it would be worth sending it to them as soon as you have it ready. They may use it and that would benifit all of us.

Thanks again for all your work, really great of you to do this.

· Registered
769 Posts
DarrinM, Great post.

I agree with you totally. I've been to many of the big golf tournaments and you are right on the money. I've also been to a few championship boxing events and it's the same there.

The reason I think the comment about money was tasteless is because it's like you said. At that point, it's no longer about the money. (IMO) And... the interviews were great. Using the golf analogy, before a sudden death shoot off, many times they interview the players, sometimes the camera and interviewer is with a player in the clubhouse, or on the practice green speaking about the potential playoff. All great stuff. After the playoff, interviews with the winners and second, third places... again great stuff.

But you won't see anyone ask the players between the sudden death playoff holes if they're thinking about the money yet. IMO, didn't show very much class and it took away from the moment of competition. Again, my opinion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.