Archery Talk Forum banner
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Yes...my bad. Dave did mention his sponsors. :)

Yes...it would have been great to get an interview from Michael. I, however, didn't think of doing that.:sad:

They are all great guys and should be applauded for their achievements.

The point is that AT did an awesome job with the video and I tried to go outside of the box. Thanks to all of you who realize that.

I hope that the Pro's that disapprove or approve of my actions will come to the Pro meeting in Louisville at 9am on Sunday in the NFAA skybox. Further discussion is obviously needed.

·
Simon Cowel of AT
6,595 Posts

Yes...it would have been great to get an interview from Michael. I, however, didn't think of doing that.:sad:

The point is that AT did an awesome job with the video and I tried to go outside of the box. Thanks to all of you who realize that.
I hope that the Pro's that disapprove or approve of my actions will come to the Pro meeting in Louisville at 9am on Sunday in the NFAA skybox. Further discussion is obviously needed.

Great job and continue to think OUTSIDE that box..... Think mushers!!!! They got it all going on!:eek::wink:

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts

Diane, I thought you did great! Allowing the pros to each have a few moments to speak gives them the opportunity to let everyone know a little bit about them...I sure don't see any harm in that!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Great Job Diane,
You turned a bunch of guys shooting arrows into real people. It gave them a chance to highlite their sponsors, although they didn't take the opportunity this was a great start. They are professionals and will learn quickly. I bet next time the sponsors will be thanked.
Again Great Job Diane :darkbeer:
DFA

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Thanks for the video; I appreciate it, greatly !
I hate speaking in front of crowds and don't envy anyone who does. :)

Sag.

·
Registered
13,177 Posts
Great Job Diane,
You turned a bunch of guys shooting arrows into real people. It gave them a chance to highlite their sponsors, although they didn't take the opportunity this was a great start. They are professionals and will learn quickly. I bet next time the sponsors will be thanked.
Again Great Job Diane :darkbeer:
DFA
I absolutely agree...this is good PROmotion of the PROfessional Division and has been lacking for like....forever!

It is just great to hear a voice attached with the person....In the past, the only time you got to hear them speak out loud was if you were on a bale with them, or happened to take in a seminar with one or more of them, OR....you happened to pass them in the hall...

I think this is just super...and hope you continue doing this for all the events where-ever and whenever possible! PROsenalities are so important, and gets them more "connected" with the masses...The top pros are people too...and people DO LIKE TO TALK ABOUT THEMSELVES....this is FACT!

Used this in my classroom a lot, and it really gets the entire class involved...so why not at a major archery event...?

I didn't see anything wrong with the non-mention of sponsors....since this was IMPROMPTU...and not extemperaneous speaking....Next time, they'll know it is coming and will be somewhat better prepared...

This is just "icing on the cake" to really help get everyone involved in the shootoff and connected as part of the "family"...I think the shooters then also realize that they are not really out there "by themselves" and that they really have some support of lots of the audience.

Besides, those people have ice in their veins, so you ain't gonna ICE THEM...by having them talk about themselves and their sponsors, etc.

field14

·
Registered
784 Posts
Diane,
You did a great job and it was a good idea to let the shooters have a moment to thank their sponsors and tell everyone a little about who they are and why they are there. I come from racing and this is not new to me, even at the smallest short track the drivers are always given the chance to plug their sponsors and thank the people that have given them the chance to do what they love and enjoy, either at driver intro or and the conclusion of the race. This is something that will come in time and I'm sure that the shooters will be more prepared the next time they are given this chance. I do think it would have been great to here from some of the other shooters after the shoot-off although most of them probably did not feel like talking afterwards, but it will help with spectator interaction into the sport. Keep up the good work and thanks to AT for the great coverage of this years event.

RA

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Diane , being there and watching my 7th shoot off @ Vegas , this one without a doubt was the best yet ,and in no small part due to letting the shooters handle a microphone instead of a bow , what a GREAT idea , one that I hope will continue from now on ...... Kudos to you Diane , very very nice job >>====> X <====<<

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
congrats to dave but i really didnt like how cocky he was in the shoot off video "hi im dave cousins you all know who i am" that was kinda dumb

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
diane, my hats off to you:darkbeer::darkbeer:

everyone keeps asking year in and year out what do we have to do to get archery on tv???
well, the first thing you have to do is put a face and a personality with the name like they do in golf,nascar, and even bowling for that matter.

these guys are PRO'S, they are the very best in the world on any given day and we need to see,hear,and feel the persona that comes from them both before,during and after the tournament if we ever stand a chance of any REAL sponsorships or coverage of our sport.

i want to know during the shoots who has been paired with who in the past?? how many times has this guy won versus that guy??? tell me about your sponsors and how you couldnt do it without them.
let me see the emotion of both victory and defeat and become part of that tournament by cheering for my favorite PRO ARCHER just as i do my favorite nascar driver.

i say turn diane loose at every major tournament with a microphone and a camera and see what happens.

·
Registered
I sold it, and now I'm sorry. Looking to get back into it.
1,774 Posts
Thanks a million. Us isolated archers on the southern tip of the dark continent count ourselves priveledged to be able to watch this show. TV coverage is, to say the least, non-existent for archery down here, so this was an absolute blast of fresh air.

Congratulations to the contestants and a really big thank you to the organizers.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I thought it was good to hear the PROs talk. As for mentioning the sponsors, it's pretty clear who the sponsors are -- shirts, hats, bows, etc. I thought it was good to hear where they came from and what the event means to them.

It would be cool for an AT reporter to do a brief bio on all the shooters in the shoot-off and post it. What was the deal with the one guy -- he said it was his 3rd spot event EVER???? :eek::eek: Some kind of prodigy or did he come from a different archery discipline?? More info on him please.

Only thing that got tiresome (for me anyway) was Bruce constantly talking about the money -- like it was for a million dollars or something. Sure, I'd shake bad over a quarter an arrow, but they all know what's at stake -- and the money is just a small part of it. I'm betting that any one of them would trade the money for the title. Of course, it's always good to come home from Vegas with more cash in your pocket than you brought. :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Video

SHORT AND SWEET;

Thanks to all that were involved,to bring this video to us that would have otherwise, without AT not have seen. It gives us Bow Hunters a chance to see the other side of our loved sport of archery. If you love to shoot, I don't think it matters if is dots or hair there is the same amont of dedication required to be your best.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
898 Posts
great video go dave i just didnt like the beggining where they talked about how it was sooooo important to them just shut up and let them shoot lady :zip: my computers slow and when you have to watch that is frustrating.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Thanks for the opportunity to watch the Vegas Shoot-off AT and please take no offense BUT...... I agree about the need for this to be picked up by the sports channel. So why don't big corps.(Budweiser or COCA COLA) sponsor archery tournaments including 3d? The prize money could be as much as golf or angler championships. Look at all those bass fisherman tournaments and their sponsors! The large bow/arrow manufacturers need to be working this out. Heck Mathews has their own TV show now, they could run it. Somebody tell them. PLEASE!!!
Live would be nice.
Isn't going to happen, to small of a sport and audience.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.