Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Think he will be amazing in one more year. But not sure if hes as big as i think he is this year... what do you all think? would prob have to let on fly given the chance

·
Banned
2,779 Posts
Since this buck has mastered time travel I doubt you'll be able to get him.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
he will be great either way. if you like him. stick him

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Tomorrow may never come......put an arrow through this guys ribs.......
This says it all. I let a nice 125 in. buck go last year and wished i would have shot him. I know i do not get alot of chances to shoot 125in. deer. I shot a 150in. buck out of the same stand last year. This is the only reason i let the 125 walk. I am going back to that same stand this year at the same time as the last 2 years and if i see him i am sure he will be about a 140 . Either way i will not let a 125 go again until i put quite a few 125's on the ground.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
shoot him!! lol

·
Catch us if you can!
5,716 Posts
kill him :thumb:

·
Registered
838 Posts
hes going down if he walks past my stand!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
In depend were you live In IA yes maybe even a little bigger I would let him walk because if you wait your going to see bigger ones. Here were I live now in NE no because I'm probably not going to see any thing bigger. They are a little harder to come by.

·
Broke and Happy
5,028 Posts
If he is one of the better bucks in your area, why not shoot? If you are seeing larger bucks, why shoot him?
Exactly! If he is a great buck for your area then let her fly!

Last season I scouted after a morning hunt and say thigh size trees rubbed all to heck. That evening I hunted a different property and let a great 135" buck walk because I knew the buck making all the scrapes was a bruiser...never saw a buck over 115" the rest of the season...

BUT on a good note, both of those bucks might still be around and that 135" might be 145" this year...who knows??????

1 - 20 of 23 Posts