Archery Talk Forum banner

shoot through advantage?

826 9
Hey everyone I see a lot of talk about the shoot through riser systems on Hoyts really help and I'm just wondering why and how. What does riser stiffness have to do with arrow flight and does it help in any other areas? thanks!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
7,625 Posts
It seems to make a more consistant stronger shot imo. I also have a protec which is built to similar specs, and the pro-elite hands down feels better. My shots just seem to be better with it.

It keeps the riser from flexing as much obviously.

Derek

· Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,100 Posts
Just lowers the vertical bend in the riser when everything is under pressure. And I suppose the release of the string. Hold on, let me go ask my ProElite......

· Registered
734 Posts
Hey everyone I see a lot of talk about the shoot through riser systems on Hoyts really help and I'm just wondering why and how. What does riser stiffness have to do with arrow flight and does it help in any other areas? thanks!
i thought it was mainly to eliminate any cam lean you had? if you have a cable gaurd you're gonna have cam lean... so i thought that's why they did this

· Relocated Cajun
10,981 Posts
cam lean is actually the limb twisting somewhat to cause the lean...you can get that out....

but man does you riser twist and freak out when you release

www.thearcher.com

not sure if he still does his stuff, slo mo bow shots...pretty awesome....cable guard rod wobbles like a wet noodle...

· Registered
8,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ttt

· 300 or bust
13,148 Posts
it increases the torsional stiffness (in the riser)

is it necessary, eh?

if you gave me a Vantage Elite, it wouldnt make a lick of difference id still shoot 270-280 on a good day (though im working on it)

Im sure the guys that are real paper punchers and 3D foam eaters can tell the difference.

· Registered
6,815 Posts
the lateral stiffness it provides reduces flex of the riser and torque during the draw cycle and thru the shot, thus providing a more consistent reaction when the bow is shot, less tolerences equals more accuracy.

as far as the advantage goes... when you add consistency to a process that has many inconsistency's every little thing can make a big difference!

· Registered
4,159 Posts
i thought it was mainly to eliminate any cam lean you had? if you have a cable gaurd you're gonna have cam lean... so i thought that's why they did this
I think you are thinking of Martins shoot through cable system. These guys are talking about the shoot through riser that Hoyt has.

· Registered
8,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ttt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.