Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys if you are not fimiliar with these scope covers, I would start looking into purchasing a set for your crossbow scopes. I wish I'd have heard about them before I let a deer get away because I was fumbling with my scope covers. Don't let what happen to me happen to you. Believe me it will not happen again, I got a pair for my crossbow and rifle. I like them better than flip up covers because you don't have to worry about getting covers up. You just have to aim and shoot its that simple, because when hunting seconds matter if you come home with a trophy buck or watching it prance away. To learn more about these awesome scope covers you can go to www.shoot-thru.com they won't let you down.

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
My experience?... Every see through scope cover I've ever seen has been an optical disaster. Bikini covers even worse. Flip opens are to keep rain & snow off until the weapon is horizontal ... and they work. There's no way on earth a ten buck "see through" cover will duplicate optical ground and coated glass. On top of which, most of the see throughs I've seen have been scratched to death. If you're shooten through a see through you're doing something wrong.

·
Registered
990 Posts
The Duke is right about the see through covers. But...........ever since I was busted by the noise made by removing lens covers, I bought the all rubber bikinies. I sit in ladder stands and always remove any lens cover when I set up. If it's raining or snowing I leave my "all rubber lens protectors", on until a critter arrives, removing them with no noise. You should use whatever your comfortable with, as long as you are confident with your shots.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not talking about using them while in blind or a stand. I'm talking about from the time you get out your truck to the stand or blind. Especially when in heavy woods and brush, and you jump a deer you have a half a second to a second at most to get a shot off at it. That is if you are confident in your ability to hit a moving target.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I don't use any of them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.