Archery Talk Forum banner

Shoot Thru Systems And Drop Aways?

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Exactly 
#1 ·
WHAT DROP AWAY REST CAN I USE WITH A BOWMAN ACCU-RISER II SHOOT TRUE SYSTEM...WILL THE TROPHY TAKER TYPE WORK OR PUT TO MUCH TORQUE ON THE CABLE SYSTEM? THANKS

#2 ·
use a small sping in the hokup and you will not have no torque:)

runawaysXs

#3 ·
i shoot a fall away with my max that has shoot through and don't have any torque problems at all. i will suggest that you don't use a spring and go through the trouble of getting the rigging adjusted perfectly. i tried a spring at first and found that there was too much inconsistancy with the timing because of the spring's changing tension as you use it.rig it up directly to on of the buss cables. i thought it would pull the buss cable over because they seem like they will twist sideways pretty easily, but it never happened. although my rest is my own design, much like a scheaffer, i would think any good drop away will work. the trophy taker is probably the best design out there. i go for it.

#4 ·
CWDH,

Stewart recommends the Spigarelli drop-away rest for the Accu-Riser II.
He claims, it's the best drop-away he's ever used.
He makes a custom launcher for the rest that betters the factory launcher.

Sag.

Attachments

#5 · (Edited)
Another pic of the Spigarelli.
You can also shoot the rest conventional if you wish.
The amount of drop on the launcher is adjustable so it doesn't fall too far and strike your riser shelf or hand like some other drop-aways do.

Sag.

Attachments

#7 ·
I had the Arco Sport Spigarelli rest. Nice rest, worked great, I did not like the small set screws though.

I have a Trophy Taker set up on my Cougar Fury X bow. No spring, tied direct. Hasn't seemed to affect the timing because it's grouping my hunting arrows like mad out to 40 yards. Here is a pic:

Attachments

#8 ·
Hi

I shoot an accuriser
with wedel cams and dro^p away rest

I attach to one side cable just a little spring and 15cm of serving just to extend the rest on the last 20 cm of draw
with a secure part when the rest is up on the last 10 cm
The tension to the cable is very low so no problem, even if the tension is too important the other side cable take the tension and this is not a problem for the shoot

all the best
philippe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.