Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 406 Posts

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have published a video that shows the bareshaft results. Lord knows enough people have asked to see it. Way back in the beginning of this saga, I challenged anyone that stated they bareshaft tuned their Admiral, Captain or Sentinel and provide un-edited proof I would buy their bow! No one took me up on that, but MANY people asked the same of me. I bought an early Christmas present and video'ed the Captian this afternoon at the shop.

http://www.thearcheryprogram.com/index.php?option=com_seyret&Itemid=94&task=videodirectlink&id=3

this camera is only 30 frames a second and in slow motion frame by frame all I get a straight line blur on release. When I can find someone with a camera that shoots in the 240 or higher frames per second I will post a video of the lateral knock travel. The video above shows that the arrow HAS to be coming out of the bow straight. When weather permits I will do this outside at much longer ranges too. This is only 20 yards, but still shows what I needed to because before the shoot-thru the arrows hit the target SIDEWAYS at 20! :) ;) broke half a dozen trying to tune! ARGH!

Enjoy! :)

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
I get a mis-direct warning that the site I'm being directed to is a bad one!

·
Registered
24,902 Posts
not bringing me to a vid.

·
Registered
24,902 Posts
went to the site and it still wont let me see. o well. i believe ya

·
Registered
24,902 Posts
i still cant. must not have the same video player

·
10,241 Posts
It works for me now.

I hope that more hunters start to realize, that when it comes to bows that need to shoot broadheads, it's time for the offset cable guard to go the way of the dinosaur.

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
Shoot throughs are the ticket:wink:

·
Registered
682 Posts
No disrespect, but I do not understand what this post is trying to prove. I did see the video, one arrow with vanes, one without, both same point of impact. Are we trying to prove that an arrow can shoot without vanes to 20 yards indoors??? Is that it?

Brent

·
10,241 Posts
No disrespect, but I do not understand what this post is trying to prove. I did see the video, one arrow with vanes, one without, both same point of impact. Are we trying to prove that an arrow can shoot without vanes to 20 yards indoors??? Is that it?

Brent
It's showing that a balanced shoot-thru cam/cable system can shoot a bare shaft, with the sight pins directly above the arrow, in the same place as a fletched one.

You can't do that, with an offset cable guard and cams that only have cable tracks on one side of the string track.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Brent
If you have an 09 Centerpivot go and try it without a Shoot-Thru! No disrepsect taken. If you can supply and un-edited video that shows a perfect bareshaft shot, I'll buy your bow! ;) MSRP of the model! :)

·
10,241 Posts
If you have an 09 Centerpivot go and try it without a Shoot-Thru! No disrepsect taken. If you can supply and un-edited video that shows a perfect bareshaft shot, I'll buy your bow! ;) MSRP of the model! :)
Careful!

A bow with an offset cable guard can do it, but only at one range and it takes a lot of trial and error rest adjustments. If you move up, or move back, it will miss left/right.

A bow with an offset cable guard CAN'T shoot a bare shaft in the same place as a fletched one at any range, if the sight pins are directly above the arrow at brace.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
What needs to be in this video?

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Careful!

A bow with an offset cable guard can do it, but only at one range and it takes a lot of trial and error rest adjustments. If you move up, or move back, it will miss left/right.

A bow with an offset cable guard CAN'T shoot a bare shaft in the same place as a fletched one at any range, if the sight pins are directly above the arrow at brace.

My Am 35 does it at 20,never tried any other distances.

·
Registered
862 Posts
[/B]

My Am 35 does it at 20,never tried any other distances.
Nope, its impossible. :wink: We all need to upgrade our already expensive bows to shoot well.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Nope, its impossible. :wink: We all need to upgrade our already expensive bows to shoot well.
I have NEVER seen a bow tune as easily as this bow and I hardly ever have trouble tuning a bow but this thing was unbelievable.But I do have a Maxxis 31 on order.:eek: However,I am moving the 35 to 3-d duties just for fun.

But this thread isn't about my bows,sorry.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Is that a Centerpivot bow?
What I quoted mentioned NOTHING about center pivot,it said offset cable guard bows.:wink:But then again,I may have misunderstood the intent of the post.

1 - 20 of 406 Posts