Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Master Class
8,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at these 2 bows. Has anyone shot both of them and compared them. There spec's are pretty close except for the Shootdown being an inch longer and the perform having a shoot thru riser. Does the draw cycle feel the same on both bows since it appears they are using the same cam design. Is it really worth paying an extra $300 for the perform x when both bows will put them in the X ring shot after shot if the man behind does his part. I don't have a dealer anywhere that has either to shoot so I am hoping you guys that have shot them
can give me some good insight before I purchase one.
Also at my age I have been shooting 40-50 bows the last few years at close to #50. I keep hearing that the new cam on these bows pull very easy. Wondering if that is so, maybe I should get 50-60# and shoot it 52-55 # range.With my Elite 37, 50# is all I can handle anymore.

·
Master Class
8,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody shot them both ????

·
Premium Member
4,607 Posts
I have shot both. For me I liked the Shootdown. I think they both shot the same. I shot it at 52lbs both. Found them both to be very smooth. You can't go wrong IMHO with either. I just don't prefer to a shoot thru.

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
I am looking at these 2 bows. Has anyone shot both of them and compared them. There spec's are pretty close except for the Shootdown being an inch longer and the perform having a shoot thru riser. Does the draw cycle feel the same on both bows since it appears they are using the same cam design. Is it really worth paying an extra $300 for the perform x when both bows will put them in the X ring shot after shot if the man behind does his part. I don't have a dealer anywhere that has either to shoot so I am hoping you guys that have shot them
can give me some good insight before I purchase one.
Also at my age I have been shooting 40-50 bows the last few years at close to #50. I keep hearing that the new cam on these bows pull very easy. Wondering if that is so, maybe I should get 50-60# and shoot it 52-55 # range.With my Elite 37, 50# is all I can handle anymore.
Both have a very similar feel to me. Balance, draw, hold and feel on the shot. Both are solid shooters. Bottom line for people who shoot both, I think the deciding factors of which one to buy will come down to 3 things, price, mass weight, and if they like a shoot through riser or not.

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,524 Posts
Draw length
PerformX 3d - 25" - 30.5"
Shootdown - 26" - 31.5"

I have a PerformX 3D and didn't even consider the Shootdown because I have a 26" draw. If you have a draw length that is towards the top end you may like the feel of the ShootDown's draw cycle more than the PerformX 3D. I expect that draw lengths in the middle range will have similar feeling draw cycles.

I really like how the PerformX 3D holds and draws. At my draw length it is a bit faster than the Xpression 3D. My buddies PerformX 3D is set up a bit different making the draw cycle feel a good bit different from mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts