Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Would I pass?

IMO, He is a shooter.....
The only thing a bear is afraid of is another bear and he didn't appear to be skiddish or worried about a bigger bear being around......

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I would guess that bear at around 5'1-5'5 from tip of nose to tail hide on. In my area I would only take that bear if I still had my second tag to look for a bigger one.

If you do take this bear I would like to know how close I was with my guess.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
yeah i dont know if that coyote had mange or was shedding coats or what, but if that was his true coat I WOULD HAVE STUCK HIM! those diamonds were awesome!!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i dont know if that coyote had mange or was shedding coats or what, but if that was his true coat I WOULD HAVE STUCK HIM! those diamonds were awesome!!
There was another coyote that we edited out that had the same diamonds on it's back. Those diamonds would make for some nice taxidermy.

·
Registered
216 Posts
On a guided hunt it would be borderline. I guessed about 5'6", head just a little short of P&Y

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I'd have to agree with BIG T, I think he is about 5 1/2' and close to 18". Nice bear, great hide but there are definetly nicer one's out here. That's were a game cam comes in handy so you can get a good idea of what all is coming in and make you choices before hand. Great footage brock, it was fun to watch. Good luck this year, keep us posted how you do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts