Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Id call him HighTower since his rack is SOOO tall and yes I would shoot him but we have terrible deer here in NY.

·
Registered
890 Posts
That's not even the same buck.first picture is a tall narrow eight the other two are of a ten pointer.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Give him one more year, By the way he looks like the same buck to me. He improved pretty good since last year
he might be a stud next year!

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
give him one more year.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Skyscraper

I think he's 4 this year and grew pretty well over last year. Everybody talks like any buck is a trophy and while it sounds nice, to me that's not true unless he would be the biggest buck you ever shot. If every buck was a good one the B&C and P&Y scoring system wouldn't register big bucks.

If you think his home turf is all on you I'd wait until next year and let him get up over 150". If he goes onto other people I'd take him first chance I got.

·
Born yank raised south
16,516 Posts
I think he is a 3 year old. If I had bigger deer to hunt or he wouldn't be the biggest I had ever killed he would get a pass this year. If he is the best you have or would be your largest buck killed then by all means have at him.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Completely up to you...if you have a controlled environment where you can let him walk without the risk of the neighbor whacking him, then I might be tempted to see what another year would do...however, I only control about 350 acres...my neighbors would shoot him for certain and that would make it hard for me to pass. Great buck, I hope you have to make that decision!

·
bowonlywhitetails
16,751 Posts
One more year would do him a lot of good, still a really nice buck though!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts