1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Some of My Photos, and thoughts

can be seen here: http://www.pbase.com/billneve/vegas_09

Mostly of the Kids shooting.

Something good to say first:
Having a half hour to practice on the target you were going to compete on was fantastic! I really, really hope they continue this!

Soap Box Time:
I still think the NFAA should do more to promote Archery to the kids by not charging such a high entry fee for Vegas! And if they are going to continue to charge such a high entry fee, THEN they should give out nicer awards. The medals that the kids get are pretty mediocre at best. Maybe some kind of monetary gift certificate could be added to the medal?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Vegas Kids...

Hey Raptor,

I was there with my son Michael DeCosta, wish we could have met you and your son. Michael won the Cub Freestyle division. He shot a 295 and a 292, had a great time.

I agree with you, I think they could do a bit better on the kid's awards. When Michael won the NFAA Field Nationals in South Dakota this past year he got a really nice silver bowl and took it to school to show his teachers and friends. Don't mind paying the $75 for a kid to shoot, but like I said, I agree the award could be a little more.

We also live in CA, so if you see us at any of the shoots, please introduce yourself. Here's a pice of Michael at Vegas

Attachments

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I shot in the youth division. I got 11th place in the males. 75 bucks is not that bad. The travel costs more. But, if there are 1500 archers there, we better get something nice. I had some kids from my club win, but I didn't see their medals.

·
Registered
900 Posts
is the vegas shoot a shoot anyone can enter or do you have to earn a spot? if anyone can answer this shoot me a pm i'm really wanting to shoot in the event next year

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just send in your money...

...and show up in Vegas!

Do a Google on "World Archery Festival" to get the details.

Hope to see you there next year.

·
Registered
900 Posts
awsome,I was hopeing that you didn't have to earn your way thier...next year will be my first year on the competitive side of the sport I'm gathering equipment now and getting alot of practice in the club i shoot at has vegas targets inside and thats all i shoot at. with the ""X" ring being so small i like the challenge and our NFAA field course is one of the hardest in the midwest. it's set up like a 3D course but field targets

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.