Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
bowonlywhitetails
16,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of this buck, is he a shooter? Its hard for me tell from this angle, but to me he looks like a good mature shooter especially for this time of year and how crappy of a season its been. Also there is a good chance hes already dead as we are in the shotgun seasons.

Attachments

·
Registered
594 Posts
for me YES.

but your in Iowa so im not sure.

·
Banned
1,312 Posts
Well, depends. Is it private land or public. I think he is a nice 8 from what I can tell bet in iowa those deer can get pretty large. Lots of good hiding places to get away from gun hunters. If you just want meat. Get a doe and leave him for next year but if he excites you than let him have it. Good luck man.

·
bowonlywhitetails
16,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, depends. Is it private land or public. I think he is a nice 8 from what I can tell bet in iowa those deer can get pretty large. Lots of good hiding places to get away from gun hunters. If you just want meat. Get a doe and leave him for next year but if he excites you than let him have it. Good luck man.
its pivate but we dont control it, he does have a 300+ acre wild life refuge bording this property not to mention thousands of acres of standing corn so he could make it. Its just getting so late and he appears to be a mature 8 so ill probably take him if i get the chance, if hes still alive that is.

·
Wishing it was elk season
796 Posts
I would shoot, but hey that's me!

·
PRIME BOWS
1,180 Posts
Dead buck

I would not even think about it!!! DEAD BUCK

·
Banned
1,312 Posts
Oh yeah. I'm not sayin one way or the other. In my eyes and mature buck with a bow is a trophy. I would have to say if he walked out 20 yards from me I would take a good look and if my heart was pumpin like only us bowhunters no. Than yeah. Backstraps for dinner. Post us a pic when you score on that stud!

·
Yippiee ki-yay
3,602 Posts
OH, hell yeah, and it would be my biggest yet!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
What do you guys think of this buck, is he a shooter?
You must be joking! It is obvious he is a shooter to almost anyone. Worst case - he is a very tall 6 point, but I bet he is a tall 8 point or better.

But then again, it is Iowa... :wink:

Ray

·
Registered
394 Posts
Until my walls are stuffed with 130-140 class deer it would be tough to pass him.

·
bowonlywhitetails
16,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You must be joking! It is obvious he is a shooter to almost anyone. Worst case - he is a very tall 6 point, but I bet he is a tall 8 point or better.

But then again, it is Iowa... :wink:

Ray

ya hes a big 8, possibly 9.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Not many 8s with brows that short and short beams make 130 maybe 115-120.You dont shoot this one in Kentucky.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts