Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with these targets? They don't look bad from what's on their website. If they hold up fairly well they would be hard to beat for the price. Any info is appreciated. 20160306_035916.jpg

·
Just thwackin' it.
6,794 Posts
Cheaply manufactured. They aren't as good looking as most others. The basic Shooter Buck is rather thin and probably wears out quickly. I haven't shot one but I've set up a few on display at my old job. Just remember you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gotcha, just hadn't ever heard or seen of them before. I was about to buy some new Rinehart's but from what I've been seeing recently they're not worth the price tag. Just exploring other options now. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have the shooter buck, I got it on sale for $50 or some really low price. It isn't that great and from the first day I got it My arrows would stick out the back. I shot it until the fletching were almost making contact and then I filled in all the holes with expanding foam and wrapped in saran wrap. to let the holes fill in. I would think for a little more you can get a much better target.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info maskins, yeah i've been planning on putting in an order thru R&W for a while now just haven't gotten around to doing it.

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
It looks like the kill zone in the "shooter" includes the guts it is so far back ..... R&W makes some nice ones ....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah might have to give that cabelas target some though, i'm definitely going with some r&w's, trying to find other options to build a little course too though.

·
Registered
6,456 Posts
R&W targets are very economical and will outlast these many times over.
^^^^^ Ex is right. R&W's are pretty nice. The Shooter Bucks are pure crap. If you shoot more than once a week you'll be shooting completely through them in no time.

Dawg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts