Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently shot at a 3d shoot with a novelty shot at 100 yards (90 meters) I shot 5 arrows in an 8" group with a Bowtech Patriot. I don't know anything about 90 meter competition, but I am very interested in trying it. I would like to know about sanctioning bodies, rules, target sizes, etc. etc.etc.. I know there must be some great info out there, and a lot of experienced shooters on here. I also realize my setup may be totally wrong for this style of shooting, but I would like to try shooting 90 meters with comparable equipment, just to see how it turns out in the end. Any helpful advice, or links to helpful info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, in advance !!

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
ignorance is bliss in your case

if you are shooting 8 inch groups at 90 -- you know all ya need to know LOL :D

·
Urban Archery
3,813 Posts
You want to look into your local FITA competitions shooting the FITA round which is 90m, 70m, 50m and 30m. Theface size at the first 2 distances is 122cm with the 10 ring being 12.2cm. At the closest 2 distances it shrinks to an 80cm face. I believe the National body in the US is the NAA, and their site is www.usarchery.org

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ignorance is abundant, in my case

Thanks for the link. There is a wealth of information there.
Do we have any 90 meter shooters on here? I am particularly interested in the compound division, and getting some insight on equipment everyone is using.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
BTR,

At the NAA (USArcher) website if you go to the calendar of events I believe you will find a listing of FITA shoots (90m, 70m, 50m, 30m round that Marcus referenced). I believe the Chicagoland Joad is hosting a FITA target shoot sometime in September. Might be a great place to shoot an official round, see what its like, and have a good time.

>>----->

1 - 5 of 5 Posts